Seven Days

Late February

Susanna had left for Munich with Zuke and Doctor Leslie. Sherlock had accompanied her to the gate at the airport and made it clear that she was to keep him updated and to inform him if at any time she felt threatened. Susanna, to John's surprise, had handled the separation much better than Sherlock. The forensic scientist had indulged Sherlock and promised several promises, and left him with plenty of affections, but she was excited and ready to go. Sherlock had sulked for two days, only brightening when Susanna checked in or when he was on a case with John.

The conference was going extremely well and Susanna was enjoying herself. She and Zuke were excellent travel companions and kept each other safe. Both made sure to take lots of photos and take time to have fun and explore. For Zuke's efforts to protect Susanna in his absence, Sherlock was grateful and had arranged to return the favor, with assistance from Mycroft and Niles. Contrarily, Susanna was thankful that John was able to keep Sherlock from locking himself in the flat and destroying the walls and mantle completely. The doctor had kept her apprised of her husband's reaction to her absence.

It was day five of the conference and Sherlock had cheered up enough to ignore his phone like normal and reject the cases that ranked lower than seven, which happened to be all of them. But he was content to stay at the flat. Ziva curled up in his lap and he rubbed her head and ears as he delved into his mind palace.

Sherlock had elected to use the week to determine whether or not he sincerely wanted to have a child with Susanna. They hadn't talked anymore about her dream and the possibility of a family since that night and it was probably for the best until Sherlock knew for sure how he felt about a child. Once he was certain of his feelings, he would broach the subject with Susanna upon her return at the end of the month.

John and Missus Hudson had given him plenty to think about, although they didn't know it. He had also been observing expectant couples and new parents with a honed, purposeful eye. He had a surplus of information to consider and mull over in the remainder of the seven days he had allotted to himself for picking the question and himself apart.

Meanwhile, Susanna was happy to have time away from Sherlock in order to reflect and think. She wanted children and was building up her case to present to Sherlock. When they'd discussed family and children before, he hadn't refused the idea. But did he want to have a baby? Raise a child? She knew that he would be an excellent father, although he would have the steeper learning curve of them both. He would protect them and make sure that they grew up with a pristine education. Teach them violin and how to deduce people.

She knew very well that he had grown up in a dramatically different environment. It no doubt affected his feelings about family and children- he had actually admitted so. But Susanna hoped he wanted to at least try for a baby. She didn't know if she'd actually get pregnant quickly, albeit her family history hinted that she probably wouldn't have an issue. Neither was she sure what they'd do about space and such. Sherlock would undoubtedly have solutions to that problem though. There was also to consider that Sherlock may not want to settle down so much to raise a family. He was drawn to action and thrill and adrenaline highs. It was his calling- being a Consulting Detective. A child would mean he would have to make time to help care for and raise it.

But still, she'd seen their baby as clear as day and knew she'd wanted them. Desperately. And she wanted Sherlock to want them too. Between them, they couldn't do such a bad job at parenting. The kid would be spoiled beyond belief and would probably be a carbon copy of Sherlock, at least with mental capability. That'll probably be the toughest challenge with raising them. An intelligent teenager is harder than the alternative.  The thought made her laugh.

Thank you for reading!