1st Anniversary

October 10

Susanna propped herself up into a sitting position and slowly turned so that she could get out of bed, removing Sherlock's arm from her waist and draping it over a pillow. It was their first wedding anniversary and she wanted to surprise him with breakfast.

She put on her slippers  donned her dressing gown and pushed herself off of the mattress, walking softly out of the bedroom to the kitchen. Once there she immediately set to making sausage, eggs, biscuits (the american kind), gravy and home fries. Her tummy made it harder to move around as gracefully as she had before the pregnancy- in fact she was more clumsy than ever- but she managed to maneuver pretty quietly.

The baby started moving all at once, "Good morning, honey. I know you're hungry too but just a while longer." She hummed, massaging gently to try and calm them down. At the same time she ignored her aching legs, chest, feet and back.

She ended up eating some of the sausage because her stomach started gnawing. But once she had a little in her stomach the baby settled down a bit and she could take her meds and supplements. As the gravy was thickening and the homefries were frying, Susanna got her gift for Sherlock and laid the table, putting them at his spot.

Sherlock emerged from the bedroom by the time she had the food on the table and was making tea for him and orange-sprite punch for her. Susanna smiled and walked over, giving him a kiss, "Happy First Anniversary, Sherlock!"

"Happy Anniversary, Susanna!" He replied and then swept his gaze over the kitchen, "You aren't supposed to be left unattended in the kitchen anymore, Love."

"I managed perfectly fine, Sherlock. That was only one time and I wanted to make breakfast for us," She replied as she turned back to get the tea and punch. Sherlock beat her to the stove and counter though, blocking her from getting to them, "Sherlock!"

"Sit down and I'll finish up."

"I don't if I trust you with the punch, Sherlock."

"What? Do you think I'd spike it?"

"No, but it has to be made in a particular way." Well at least she doesn't suspect I'd do anything to her food or beverage. He mentally remarked.

"I've got it, Susanna. Now sit down." She huffed playfully but relented anyways, and slowly sat down in her chair. Sherlock took over the drinks and delivered them to the table. Then he produced a small gift of his own and put it next to Susanna.

They ate and then opened each other's gifts. Sherlock was quite happy to get a new disc of rosin for his violins, since he'd been playing and composing a lot recently. Susanna was pleasantly surprised to get a new pair of platinum studs with square cut diamonds- to match her bridal set. Then they read through the cards that had been sent by their friends and relatives.

After having cleared the table, they were cleaning the kitchen. Susanna was at the sink washing dishes. Sherlock was wiping down the stove and counters and putting things away. When there was a lull between dishes he came up behind her and snaked his arms around her. As he tucked his head in the crook of her neck she giggled, "Something you need, Darling?"

"You."

"Dishes need to get done." Now she's playing.

"They'll wait. It's our anniversary, Love." Sherlock answered, planting a deep kiss into her neck. Susanna hummed happily as he continued kissing her. But she didn't return the kisses until she'd finished washing the rest of the dishes.

Then she turned around and smirked, "Impatient."

"Are you really going to make me wait?"

"Maybe. It's amusing."

"Down, girl."

Susanna challenged, "Girl?"

"What would you prefer, Love?"

She rolled her lips and considered, "I'm not picky."

"Yes you are."

"I am."

He decided to take advantage of the moment and cupped her face, taking her off guard and allowing him to find an ideal angle to her lips. Susanna ran her hands through his hair.

The session continued for a while before Susanna backed away breathlessly, "I need to sit down." Without a word, Sherlock bent and swept her up in his arms. She almost shrieked from surprise.

"You woke up unnecessarily early. How about laying down instead?"

"Sounds delightful." His lips curled and he carried her carefully into the bedroom, gently setting her down and climbing onto the mattress beside her.

She collapsed against the pillows with a light sigh. Once she was comfortable, Sherlock curled up next to her. Again his arms slipped around Susanna's frame and he rested against her. The baby was very active at this point, "I suppose they've woken up fully?"

"That session was quite exciting. Probably picked up on it. He was pretty calm before then but now he's moving quite a bit."

"He?"

"Mmm?"

"You said 'He'. Not 'They'."

"Must have been a slip of the tongue."

He smiled, "You think it's a boy, then?"

"Perhaps."

"Then I would have to disagree with you. Our baby is most likely a girl."

"Oh? How can you tell?"

"You're carrying very high and your symptoms are typical of pregnancies with girls."

"I didn't think you'd listen to an Old Wives Tale. And every pregnancy is different no matter how similar the symptoms are."

"Very well. But I do believe you're carrying the recipient of two X chromosomes."

"Maybe. Maybe not."

Everything's going smoothly for them, but for how long? Stay tuned!!