03.

Conversation filled the air as I walked through the building. As I made my way towards Ethan's office, I used the camera on my phone as a mirror to check my appearance. I felt as though I needed to look my best for him. 

I had no idea why he needed me to meet him this morning. Probably just work talk, but I was still nervous. 

I knocked on the door to his office and fiddled with my hair as I waited for his response. 

"Come in." I could hear his deep and intimidating voice yell from behind his desk. I opened the door and walked over to one of the chairs in front of his desk. 

He turned his attention to me, leaning back in his chair and folding his arms. I sat up straight in my chair, staring directly at him. Despite our outing yesterday, I was still deathly afraid of him. Something about the way his eyes looked dead at you made me want to curl into a ball on the floor. 

"How are you?" He asked. 

"I'm fine. And you?" I responded, clearing my throat.

"It depends on how you respond to what I am about to propose." He smirked. 

"What do you mean?" I asked, intrigued now. 

"Well." He sat up straight and leaned forward, folding his hands over one another. "There's a banquet tonight at Gotham Hall. I was wondering if you wanted to be my date." 

A fancy banquet and he wants to take me of all people? 

"Oh." I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. 

Before I could continue he spoke again. 

"Everyone in the industry is going to be there and it would be the perfect opportunity to meet everyone and get your name out there." He scratched the back of his neck. "Plus I would love to spend some time with you." 

Instead of a smirk, he smiled at me. 

This man is perfect. 

"I would love to accompany you." I blushed. 

He sat back up and leaned forward on his desk. 

"Great." He grinned. "I will pick you up at 8:00 sharp. Be ready."

"Sounds good", I smiled. 

Even though I was really excited to spend the night with Ethan, I was so nervous. 

"Everyone in the industry is going to be there."  His words played back through my mind. What if they didn't like me? What if something goes wrong and Ethan fires me? 

Better be on your A game for tonight, Alicia

"Alright then. Why don't you go head to work and I will see you tonight." He stood up and walked around to the front of his desk, standing over me. 

"Alright." I stood up and walked in front of him towards the door. He followed after me, placing his hand on my lower back and escorting me to the door. His touch sent chills throughout my entire body. 

I turned to him and smiled before walking out of his office. 

4:00 pm

"Hey dad", I said as I got into his car. 

"Hey lele," he smiled. 

My dad had always called me lele. Ever since I was a little kid. It's always been his thing. 

"How was your day today? Are you liking the internship?" He asked. 

Loving it, actually

"It's pretty good. I like the people there and it's not too stressful." I said, looking out the window. 

"Well that's good." 

"Oh by the way I need you to go pick up my car from the impound lot tonight. I can't because I have a work event." I said, getting nervous about tonight all over again. 

"That's exciting!" My dad exclaimed. "Where is it?"

"It's at Gotham Hall so I have to dress like really nice."

"Ooh la la", my dad joked. I laughed. "So do you need a ride there?"

"No that's ok my boss is actually bringing me. He will be picking me up around 8:00." 

"Alright well then lets get you home so you can get ready." 

I did the final touches on my hair and makeup before sliding into my long, silky red dress. I stood in front of my mirror to make sure I looked okay. 

"Lele, I think he is here!" My dad yelled up to me. 

"Alright I'll be right down!" I looked down at my phone to check the time. 

8:00. He doesn't lie. 

I walked down the stairs, holding up the bottom of the dress to avoid stepping on it. 

"Wow. You look beautiful, lele." My dad says as he pulls me in for a hug.

"Thank you, dad. I will call you on my way home." 

"Have fun" My dad yelled to me as I walked out the door. 

As I get closer to the car, Ethan steps out and walks over to me. He looks me up and down. I catch him as he licks his lips. I feel my cheeks heat up. 

"You look stunning", Ethan says as he approaches me. 

"Thank you," I blush. "You look handsome." 

Ethan opens the passenger door and I slide into the beautiful range rover. 

"I think it's missing something", I joke as he gets into the driver's seat. 

"What would that be?" He asks, seeming genuinely confused. 

I giggle. "Last time I was in this car there was ice cream all over the seat." 

He chuckles. "Oh yeah, I think I remember that being there. Some gorgeous girl made a mess in here the first time I ever took her out." 

My heart fluttered. "Oh really? What a turn off." 

"Not in my book. I think I'm gonna keep her around." 

"Surprising." 

He laughs before driving off to the hall. 

When we arrive, I begin getting nervous. I knew I had to make a good impression on everyone here. So much pressure. 

I go to open my door, but Ethan stops me. He jogs around the car to my door and opens it for me. 

I chuckle. "You know that's not necessary, right?"

"Just let me be a gentleman please." He grabs my hand and helps me out of the car. 

As we walk up the steps to the hall, he wraps a hand around my waist, pulling me closer to him. My heart begins beating fast. 

We walk through the open doors and my heart drops when I see the amount of people inside. This was going to be a long night. 

--

sorry it took so long for me to update lol 

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!

- L