09.

The cool air brushed against my bare skin as I woke up wrapped in Ethan's arms, my body covered by nothing but his sheets. I reached over to my phone, checking the time. 5:07 am, it read. 

Shit, I mumbled to myself, realizing I had work today but I had nothing to change into except my outfit from last night. I carefully removed Ethan's arm from my waist, slowly climbing out of bed. I quietly walked over to the bench at the foot of his bed, grabbing my clothes and putting them back on. I grab a sticky note off of his dresser as well as a pen, leaving a note. 

Good morning, baby:) 

Headed home to get ready for work but I didn't want to wake you. I'll see you in a little bit. 

Love you, 

Alicia 

I placed the sticky note on the nightstand next to his bed, and walked out of his penthouse. I took an uber back home and got ready for work. 

I walked through the front doors of the building, ready to head for the stairs when something stopped me in my tracks. A tall girl with long blonde hair came storming down the stairs. 

Chelsea? 

I panicked. She cannot see me here. If she finds out that Ethan is dating one of his employees, she definitely won't hesitate to tell everyone. I can't lose Ethan. I quickly turned my back to her, and walked over to the water fountain. I watched her closely out of the corner of my eye as she walked out the front doors and down to the sidewalk before getting into a taxi. 

That was close. Too close. 

I went straight up to Ethan's office. 

"Ethan what the hell was she doing here? She almost saw me." I panicked. My breathing getting heavier. 

"She came in here with her same old sob story. She misses me and wants to get back together with me. I told her to get the fuck out, she got pissed, and stormed off. Same thing continuously happens." 

"Well, Ethan, this can't keep happening. If she finds out I work for you, it's over. We will be over. I can't stand the thought of losing you." 

He pulled me into a hug. "You're not going to lose me, Alicia. I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere." I let out a sigh of relief, feeling at home in his arms. 

"You know what" he pulled out of the hug "why don't we get out of New York for the rest of the week and away from this Chelsea bullshit." 

"Where are we gonna go?" I asked, intrigued by his idea. 

"Let's go to New Jersey, my hometown. I want you to meet my family." He smiled, clearly excited. 

I smiled as well. "Let's do it." 

"Alright, we'll leave tomorrow." 

"Wait. What if plane tickets are sold out?"

"Oh, no problem. We can take the private jet." 

"Private jet?" I forgot just how rich he was. He was so humble, which was one of the many things I loved about him. 

"Mhm." He smiled at me. "Pack your bags tonight!" 

~

"Bye, honey, have fun and be safe!!" My dad yelled as I walked out the door with my bags. "I will, dad, love you!!" 

I dragged my bags behind me as I walked out to Ethan's car. He helped me put everything into the trunk and we made our way to the airport. 

I couldn't believe we were going to be taking a private jet. Ethan acted so nonchalant about it, obviously because he was used to things like this, but I was absolutely amazed. This was something I had never experienced before, and definitely did not think I ever would. 

Ethan allowed me to walk up the stairs to the jet first. It was gorgeous inside, and it would just be us in here for the plane ride. No crying babies or people behind you kicking your seat, just peace and quiet. 

The plane ride felt very short and as we landed in Jersey, I started getting a little nervous. I was about to meet Ethan's whole family. Ethan had spent the plane ride telling me everything he could about them, and, from what he described, they all already sounded so sweet. I hoped to make a good first impression. 

-- 

time to meet the fam!! hope you liked it!

another update will be coming sometime tomorrow

L