12.

"Ethan! Alicia! Mom just made breakfast for everyone and she's gonna be pissed if you don't eat it so get your asses up!" Grayson yelled as he knocked on the door. 

I rubbed my eyes and then rolled out of bed, my bare feet becoming ice cubes as they connected with the cold floor. Ethan groans before getting out of bed and putting a t shirt on. 

As soon as I begin walking down the stairs all I can smell is bacon, making me even more hungry than I already was. 

"Good morning, sweetheart." Lisa smiled, handing me my plate. 

"Good morning. Thank you for breakfast." 

"Oh no problem, honey, enjoy." 

Everyone gathered at the table, eating their breakfast. 

"You know" Grayson started as he took a bite of his pancake. "I really feel like these pancakes are just a metaphor."

"Oh, lord, here he goes." Lisa said, rolling her eyes. 

"Like we are literally taking a bite out of the moon right now." 

"You're such a dumbass" Kendall said, laughing. 

"Grayson, this is not a metaphor. Let's just eat our breakfast in peace." Lisa said, shaking her head. 

"Grayson likes to try to sound smart all the time, so he reads these weird articles about metaphors and shit and then ends up saying idiotic things like that." Ethan filled me in. I wanted to laugh but I didn't want to make Grayson feel bad, so instead, I just nodded my head with a smile and continued to eat the moon. 

As everyone cleared the table, the front door of the house opened, and a little girl came running into the kitchen to Lisa. 

"Grandma!" She yelled, putting her arms in the air as a signal for Lisa to pick her up. 

"My beautiful girl! You've gotten so big!" 

A tall girl with long, dark hair came walking through with a suitcase. 

"Cam!" Lisa yelled in excitement, before running over and hugging her. Everybody else did the same. 

"Cam, this is Alicia, my girlfriend" Ethan said. "Alicia, this is my sister Cameron."  

"Hi! Nice to meet you." Just as I figured, she pulled me in for a hug. This whole family was just so sweet. I loved them all. 

"Uncle Ethan, you have a girlfriend?" The little girl asked, getting into Ethan's lap. 

"Mhm." He hummed as he kissed the top of her head. 

"What's your name?" She asked, shyly. 

"Alicia. What's your name?" 

"Sophia."

"That's a pretty name." She smiled and said thank you. 

She looked back up to Ethan. "Do you guys kiss?" She giggled as she asked the question. 

Ethan looked at me and I laughed. "Yes" he whispered. "but don't tell anyone." She giggled and shook her head. She was so adorable and you could tell she had a special bond with Ethan.

She hopped off of his lap and ran out into the living room with Grayson. 

"Alright do you wanna go to the store now?" 

"Yeah." 

We got into his car and he immediately plugged his phone into the aux and played Bruno Mars. 

"I used to listen to Bruno Mars all the time when I was younger. He's a legend." 

You're a fucking legend. 

"Yeah I really like his music."

He turned it up, singing along to every word. I watched him and laughed as he sang and danced to the music. One of the many things I loved about him is that he could make me laugh so easily. I constantly had a smile on my face whenever I was with him.

God, I'm so hopelessly in love with you, I thought to myself. 

We walked into the grocery store and Ethan grabbed a cart. "Get in." 

"No." I crossed my arms. 

"I said get in." 

"And I said no." 

He walked over to me, picking me up, and putting me inside of the cart. I couldn't stop laughing. The whole way around the store, he pushed me around in the cart, grabbing things along the way. I laughed the whole time, the whole thing was so childish and I loved every second of it. 

"I should probably get out before we get in line." Ethan held onto my hands as I stood up in the cart. When I tried to step out, the cart started to tip. I immediately sat back down. Ethan bursted into laughter and so did I. "Ethan I'm gonna fall out." He had his hands on his knees, bent over, hysterically laughing at me almost dumping out of the cart. 

He wiped the tears of laughter from his eyes before picking me up out of the cart. 

~

(Ethan's POV) 

I focused on myself in the mirror as I attempted to shave my face. I hear a knock on the door. 

"Ethan hurry the fuck up, nobody really cares what you look like." My mom sarcastically yelled through the wooden door. I just rolled my eyes and continued shaving until my phone rang. I didn't recognize the number but I picked it up anyway. 

"Hello?"

"Hi Ethan."

"Chelsea? How do you have my number?"

"Not important. Can we meet for coffee or something? I want to catch up." 

"I'm not even in New York right now, Chelsea, and even if I was, I sure as hell would not be spending a second of my time with you. Lose my number and don't call again." 

I hung up the phone, angry now. She had left me alone for so long, but now that she's seen me with Alicia, she's gonna be up my ass. I finish up after a few more minutes and then go into the kitchen and sit at the island. My dad was reading the newspaper and drinking a coffee. 

"You seem to be in a really good place right now" He said, turning to face me. 

"Yeah I am. I'm happy."

"I assume you're treating Alicia right, right?"

"Yes, I am. I love her, dad."

He smiled at me. "I'm happy for you, son." 

I looked down at my hands and smiled at the thought of her. She came down the stairs. She looked just as beautiful as she always did. 

"Damn I thought I was going to be ready before you for once."

"It's never gonna happen, but I think that's the fastest you've ever gotten ready." 

"If everyone's ready we need all the help we can get setting up back here. Party is starting soon." My mom yelled through the back door. Alicia smiled at me, grabbing my hand and we walked out back to help. 

--

sorry I took a little while to update:(( break is over so I'm back in school, but I'm still gonna try to stay consistent with updating. another one will most likely be coming tomorrow!! 

see you next chapter!<3

L