06.

I open my eyes, stretching as I slowly wake up. I look around the room, remembering that I had slept at Ethan's last night. I look over to the spot next to me, hoping to see him, but he wasn't there. I throw the covers off of me and walk into his bathroom, putting my messy hair into a ponytail. 

A smile forms across my lips when I find Ethan making pancakes in the kitchen. He turns to me, a smile on his face. "Good morning."

"Good morning." I say as I approach him. He connects his lips to mine, sending tingles through my body. I sit at the island in his kitchen, watching him as he made the pancakes. 

I loved the way I felt when I was with him. I had constant butterflies in my stomach, and I found myself smiling all the time. I actually felt happy with him. 

"Here are your pancakes." He said as he handed me my plate. He took a seat next to me and began pouring syrup onto his pancakes. I did the same before taking a bite. 

"Wow these are actually really good." 

"Did you think they were going to be gross or something?" He said laughing. 

"Yeah I did but I guess I was wrong." 

"I make the best pancakes." 

"I could probably make better ones." 

"I guarantee you can't." 

I jokingly squinted my eyes at him and we both laughed. 

"How about next time you make the pancakes and we can decide whose are better."

"Deal." We finished our pancakes and cleaned up the kitchen together. I decided to go back into Ethan's room to check my phone. 

4 missed calls from Dad

*9:00pm* Dad: Lele where are you? It's getting late.

*9:30pm* Dad: Hello?

*11:45pm* Dad: Alicia where the hell are you!?!? 

Shit. I immediately call my dad. The phone only rings once before he answers. 

"Alicia where the hell have you been." 

"I'm so sorry dad I made a new friend at work and I went back to her place after work. It got kinda late so I just decided to stay over. I completely spaced calling you." 

"You scared the shit out of me Alicia I thought something happened to you. Come home right now." His voice boomed through the phone. He was very angry.

"Okay I will be home in ten." He hung up the phone and I quickly started changing back into my own clothes and grabbing my things. 

"Ethan I need to go home now." I said as I ran out into his living room. 

"Why what's going on?" He asked, confused. 

"My dad is pissed at me. I never told him I wasn't coming home last night." 

"Okay no problem we will leave right now." He said as he stood up from the couch and grabbed his keys. We rushed down to his car and got back to my apartment building within five minutes. 

"Thank you so much for last night and this morning, I had a great time." I said as I stepped out of his car. 

"No problem, Alicia. I'll see you soon." I smiled and closed his car door before heading up to my apartment. I found my dad waiting by the door. 

"Alicia, why did your boss just drive you home? I thought you said that you were at a friends house?" My dad questioned. 

At first I was confused by how he knew it was Ethan's car, but I then remembered that Ethan had picked me up for the banquet. 

I looked down at my feet and sighed. "I didn't go to a friends house. I was at Ethan's." 

"Alicia Nadeau that is unacceptable he is your boss." His voice raised. 

"I know dad, I know it's wrong." My voice was low, as I avoided eye contact with my dad.

"It's more than wrong Alicia." He paused for a second, pacing back and forth. "Is he using you for sex?" 

"God no, dad." 

"Then what were you guys doing all last night?" 

"We just hung out, nothing more. I promise you dad nothing happened." 

"I want you to quit this internship. I don't want you seeing him anymore." My heart started beating fast. 

"Dad, I'm 19. I am an adult. I can make my own decisions." My dad rubbed his hands over his face and crossed his arms over his chest. 

"This is inappropriate, Alicia, and you know it." 

"I know it's wrong because he's my boss, but he makes me happy, dad. I finally feel happy for once." My voice cracked. "Ever since mom died I have felt so empty inside. Nothing has made me happy and now I have finally found genuine happiness. You are NOT going to take that away from me." I yelled, tears streaming down my face. Instead of yelling back, my dad just hugged me. I cried in his arms. 

He pulled away from me, leaving his hands on my shoulders. "If this is truly how you feel, and this guy is making you happy, I'm not going to ruin that for you. You deserve to be happy. But just be careful please. I can't even bear the thought of someone hurting you." 

"I'll be fine, dad, I promise you." He placed a kiss on my forehead, making me smile. 

"I love you, Lele."

"I love you too, dad."

-- 

kinda short im sorry but hope you enjoyed!! another chapter will most likely be coming today. 

L