18.

Alicia's POV 

I laid in my bed, staring at the ceiling. My cheeks were stained from tears. I had cried myself to sleep the night before, and hadn't moved from this spot since I woke up. 

It felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest. Everything he said to me flew through my mind. It was all lies. He never cared. He was probably just using me to make Chelsea jealous and get her back. Well, good. They fucking deserved each other. 

I rolled over and looked at my phone. 1:30 pm

I decided I should get up. I wasn't just going to lay around and be sad forever. I had been through so much worse. 

I got out of bed, deciding I needed to go to the office and pack up my things. I wanted to just go in unnoticed by Ethan and never speak to him again, but I knew it was nearly impossible. 

I pulled a skin tight dress out of my closet, and slipped it onto my body. I did my hair and makeup, making sure I looked presentable. I knew for a fact that I would see Ethan, and I wanted to realize what he had lost. 

The whole uber ride to the office, my heart was beating out of my chest. I was so nervous to see him. I didn't know what I was even going to say if we had an encounter. I was scared that I would break and run right back to him. That couldn't happen. 

I walked into the office. My head was high as I tried to hold back tears. This building itself reminded me of Ethan and the first day we met. I went to my cubicle with a cardboard box and began tossing my things into it carelessly. 

"Alicia." I hear a deep voice behind me and I pick my head up. I knew it was Ethan. I slowly turned around, and took a deep breath. 

"What, Ethan" I asked, putting my hand on my hip. 

"Can we talk? In my office, just for a second." 

I looked down and sighed. "Fine, Ethan, but make it quick."

We walked into his office and he shut his door before walking over to me. To my surprise, he kept his distance and didn't try anything. Evidently I had made myself clear. 

I noticed a bandage wrapped around the knuckles on his right hand. "Oh my god, Ethan. What happened to you?"

"I uh punched my mirror last night. It's nothing, I'm fine." 

I looked down, fiddling with my fingers. It was so different, I had no idea what to say to him. It felt so awkward and uncomfortable. 

"Look, I want you to know that I didn't do anything with Chelsea."

"Ethan, just stop. I saw what I saw." Tears welled up in his eyes. "I don't want to talk about this anymore."

"Okay, okay." He said, looking down as a tear slipped down his cheek. "Why are you packing your things? You don't need to leave, Alicia." He stepped closer to me. 

"Ethan, this is what's best for me. I just need some space." I took a deep breath. "And I need to be away from you." My voice cracked as I said this. My own words broke me. 

"Fair enough." 

We stayed silent for a moment. 

"Goodbye, Ethan" I said as I started towards the door. 

"There's nothing like us, Alicia." I turned towards him, and slightly smiled. I walked out the door.

--

hi guys! this chapter was really sad rip:(

I'm working on the epilogue right now and it will be up shortly!!

See you soon!