17.

I got into the uber, with my grocery bag of vanilla ice cream in my hand. I was on my way over to Ethan's pent house to surprise him. I smiled as I remembered the first time we ever actually hung out; when we went for ice cream. 

"'Can I have rocky road in a waffle cone please?' I turned to him, and he stepped up to the counter to order next.

'I'll just have vanilla in a waffle cone.'

'That's so boring. Just vanilla?' He shrugged his shoulders. 'I like to keep it simple.'

The uber finally pulled up in front of Ethan's building and I walked up to his pent house. I opened the door, but to my surprise, didn't see Ethan sitting on the couch like he usually was. I didn't think much of it, and made my way down the hallway to his bedroom. The next thing that I saw shattered my heart into a million pieces, and made me sick to my stomach. 

It was Ethan, laying on his back on the bed with Chelsea on top of him. She had her shirt off and she was pressed against his chest. 

I stood in Ethan's doorway in silence. I couldn't speak, couldn't move, and I felt like I couldn't even breathe. All I could feel aside from a cold tear sliding down my cheek, was frigidness and darkness. I was shaking, unsure of whether I was angry or heartbroken; possibly both. The grocery bag I held in my hand dropped to the floor, catching the attention of both of them. 

Ethan pushed Chelsea off of him and came running over to me. I still remained frozen. I closed my eyes for a split second as tears cascaded down my face. 

"Alicia I promise you it's not what it looks like." He tried to grab my hands, but I slapped his hands away. 

"Don't you dare touch me, you fucking monster." I could see hurt in his eyes. Why was he upset? He's the one that just cheated on me.

"Alicia, please." 

I shook my head and walked out of his room, and out of his penthouse. Ethan came running behind me, stopping me before I got into the elevator. 

"Alicia! Wait!" 

I stopped dead in my tracks, and spun around. All I could feel in this moment was anger. 

"How could you, Ethan!" I screamed as I shoved his chest. "I fucking loved you! I let you in because I fucking thought you were someone I could trust!" Tears poured down my face. 

"Alicia I love you more than anything in this fucking world! You know that! I would never do that to you! I swear on my life nothing happened!"

"Do you not get it, Ethan? I fucking saw you guys. I wasn't fucking born yesterday." I spun back around, storming back towards the elevator. Ethan lightly grabbed onto my wrist, turning me back around. I pulled my hand out of his grip. 

"Get your fucking hands off of me, Ethan." I got into the elevator, facing Ethan as tears slid down his cheeks. His eyes were red and puffy, which made me sad. I shouldn't have still felt these feelings for him, but I did. 

"Alicia, please don't do this. Don't go." 

"Just let go, Ethan, it's done." The elevator doors closed. 

Ethan's POV

I backed away from the elevator, watching my world fall apart right in front of me. I backed up against the wall, sliding down until I was sitting down on the floor. My head was in my hands as I cried hysterically. I had just lost the best thing that ever happened to me, and there was nothing I could do about it. Absolutely nothing. 

Nothing really did happen between Chelsea and I, but of course we were the only two people who knew that. 

The recent events played through my head as I stared at the blank wall in front of me. 

I sat on my couch, scrolling through my Instagram feed. I heard a knock on my door, and I groaned as I stood up. I opened the door, revealing Chelsea. 

"Chelsea, why the fuck are you at my house?" 

She bypassed me, and walked straight into my house, looking around. "I've missed it here, you know. So many memories." She walked down the hallway and into my bedroom. I quickly followed behind, just wanting her to leave. 

She was looking around my room, smiling. 

"I miss this." She said, approaching me. "I miss us." She pushed me back onto the bed, taking her shirt off. 

"Chelsea stop. You know I'm with Alicia." 

"Let's pretend you're not right now." 

"Chelsea I said get the fuck off me." She ignored my demand and began leaning in closer. I was preparing to push her off of me when I heard something drop onto the floor. 

There Alicia was. Standing in my doorway, not moving, tears falling down her cheeks. The sight of her in this state broke my heart. She thought I was cheating on her when I wasn't. There was no way she was going to believe me. 

I didn't blink. Not even once. My eyes remained fixated on the plain, white wall in front of me. Memories of all of the happier times we had together flooded my mind. I silently cried as I sat in the hallway of my apartment building. She was gone and there was nothing I could do about it. 

Chelsea came around the corner. She was fully clothed now. I hated her more than ever in this moment. She did this on purpose. She wanted to ruin what I had with Alicia because she's fucking selfish. 

"Clearly she never really cared about you if she up and left that quick" she scoffed. 

"Chelsea, get the fuck away from me." I said without even looking up at her. 

"Oh come on, Ethan. This is the perfect opportunity for us to be together again." 

I snapped. My voice raised. "Chelsea, get it through your thick fucking head. I don't want to be with you. Not now, not fucking ever. I'm in love with Alicia, and now she fucking hates me because you're a selfish little bitch. I want you out of my life, Chelsea. Now, I'm not going to say it again. Get the fuck away from me." 

She gulped. She remained silent, and stared at me. I could tell that what I said hurt her, but honestly I couldn't care less. She still didn't move. "NOW!" I screamed. She put her head down, and without a word, got into the elevator. 

My breathing was heavy. I was so furious and upset. I was filled with so much regret. I should have just made her leave the second she came in. I should have known exactly how it was going to end up. So many things I could have done differently, and yet here I am. Broken. 

I stormed back into my pent house, and circled the living room, running my hands through my hair. Tears were streaming down my face. I felt so lost. I walked into my bathroom and leaned against the vanity, staring at myself in the mirror. Without any hesitation, I wound up and punched the mirror. Blood was dripping from my hands, but I didn't feel anything at all. 

I fell to the floor, crying. 

Please come back to me, Alicia, I cried to myself. 

--

this chapter is so sad :/ 

I felt sad writing it lol but hope you guys enjoyed!! end of the book is approaching:( 

see you guys next chapter:)

L