07.

*2 weeks later*

"What are you gonna get?" My dad asked, taking a sip of his coffee. 

"Hmm" I said, scanning the menu. "I think I'm gonna go with some pancakes." I closed the menu, taking a sip of my chocolate milk. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, so I pulled it out and checked. 

Ethan<3: Good morning, baby. Just wanted to say that I hope you have a great day. I miss you:(( 

I smiled at my phone before responding. 

Me: I miss you too:( I will see you soon, I promise. <33

I put my phone back into my pocket looking up at my dad. He was already looking at me with a smile on his face. 

"What?" I questioned, chuckling a bit. 

"Nothing you just seem so happy. I've missed seeing you like this." 

"I've missed feeling this way." I respond, smiling as I think about Ethan. 

"When can I meet him?" 

"Whenever you want to." 

"Invite him over to the apartment for dinner tonight." My dad exclaimed, as he rested his chin in his hand. 

"Okay" I smiled. 

Me: Actually... how about tonight? My dad wants to meet you. 

Ethan<3: Wait I'm nervous. 

Me: Don't be, baby. He'll love you. Come over around 5 for dinner. 

Ethan<3: What do I wear? 

Me: Just something casual, don't overthink this lol

Ethan<3: Okay, see you tonight:))

"He can come" I say to my dad as he claps his hands in excitement. 

"Alright I think we're all set." My dad said as he placed the final plate on the table. 

"Perfect I'm sure he will be here any minute now." 

I walk down the hall to my room, checking my hair and makeup. My phone rings. Ethan. 

"Hello?" 

"Hi I'm here."

"Okay I'll come down to meet you." 

"Okay." 

I hang up the phone and leave my apartment to walk down to Ethan's car. He steps out of his car as soon as he sees me. He had on a white button up with the sleeves rolled up, skinny jeans, and black dress shoes. 

"Ethan, I said casual would be fine." I said laughing. 

He looked down at his outfit and back to me. "I know but I wanted to make a good first impression." 

"Well you look very handsome." We walked back inside of my apartment building, heading over to the elevator. 

"What if he hates me?" Ethan said, looking down at me nervously. 

"He's not going to." I said, reassuringly rubbing his bicep as we walked out of the elevator. 

"Here we go" I smirked at Ethan as I opened the door to my apartment. 

"Ethan! It's a pleasure to finally meet you" My dad exclaimed as they shook hands. 

"Likewise, sir." Ethan said with a smile. 

We all gathered at the table, and began eating our meal. 

"This is delicious, Mr. Nadeau, thank you for the meal." Ethan said, taking another bite of his food. 

"Of course. By the way, you can call me Walter." 

Ethan nodded his head and smiled as he continued to eat his meal. 

"So, Ethan, how long have you been running the family company?" My dad asked. 

"It's been three years now. My dad stepped down and handed the position to me." 

"It's truly impressive how successful you are at such a young age. How old are you again?" 

"23, sir." 

"That's incredible."

"Thank you." Ethan smiled, looking over to me. I gave him a thumbs up when my dad looked back down to his plate. 

"At your age, I was still trying to figure out what the hell I was doing." My dad chuckled. "You know what, I'm pretty sure I was actually working as a cashier at a gas station at that age." 

Ethan laughed along with my dad. "I mean, we all have to start somewhere." 

"We sure do." My dad agreed with Ethan. 

After a few more minutes of awkward conversation between my dad and Ethan, we all cleaned up from dinner. 

"Hey dad, I think we're gonna head over to Ethan's place. Is that alright?" 

"That's fine. Will you be coming back home?" 

"I'm gonna stay the night."

"Alright. Have fun." My dad smiled and waved us goodbye. 

~

I slipped under the covers, laying my head on Ethan's chest. 

"Your dad is pretty cool." He said, as he ran his fingers through my hair. 

"Yeah" I laughed. "He is." 

"Do you think he liked me?"

"Oh I'm positive. He loved you." 

"Okay good." 

"I keep forgetting that you're my boss." 

He laughed. "It's kinda funny how everything played out." 

"We have an interesting story." 

"We sure do. There's nothing like us." 

I smiled against his chest before closing my eyes and falling into a deep sleep. 

--

hope you liked this one!! more updates are coming tomorrow

-

L