08.

*Sunday Morning*

I quietly search for a pan to make pancakes, trying my hardest to not wake Ethan. 

"Here we go." I say to myself, as I slowly close the cabinet door. I was determined to make my pancakes better than Ethan's just to prove him wrong. I flip the final pancake in the pan, grabbing two plates out of the cabinet. I go into the fridge and grab some blueberries and raspberries, dropping some over the top of the pancakes. 

Presentation is key, I laugh to myself. I set both plates down on the island, as I see Ethan walking down the hallway. 

"Breakfast?" He asked with a smile as he rubbed his eyes. 

"Mhm." I take a seat in my stool, and he sits next to me. "Mine are going to be so much better than yours." 

"We'll see about that." Ethan said, dousing his pancakes in syrup. 

I took a bite and immediately spit it out onto my plate. "Yeah never mind these are fucking nasty." 

Ethan laughed as he tried to down his bite. 

"Why don't you make us something that we can actually eat." I said, standing up. 

"Okay so your feelings won't be hurt if I throw these out?" 

"Nope I was going to do the same." 

He laughed before dumping his pancakes into the trash as I did the same. Ethan prepared a bagel for each of us and we ate before cleaning up the kitchen. 

"Are you busy tonight?" Ethan asked, leaning against the counter. 

"When do I ever have anything going on?" I retorted, laughing. 

"Well I was wondering if I could take you out to dinner tonight." 

"I'd love that." I smiled. 

"How does 6 sound?"

"Perfect. I'll head home and get ready." 

"Okay" He smiled as he placed a kiss on my cheek. 

I called my dad, asking for a ride home so that Ethan didn't have to drive me, and grabbed my things. 

"I'll see you tonight." I said, as I walked out the door. 

"Can't wait." 

I feel my phone vibrate as I get into my dad's car. I check and see that Ethan had texted me. Already?

Ethan<3: Wear something fancy, I'm treating you tonight. 

Me: Whyyy

Ethan<3: Because, you give me a reason to smile everyday and this is my way of thanking you for that. 

I blushed as I read the message. 

Me: Awwww:) you're so sweet. 

Ethan<3: Yeah, I know:) 

~

(Ethan's POV)

I walked over to my closet, and picked out a quick outfit. I decided to throw on a maroon hoodie, grey sweatpants, and my black vans. I ran my hands through my hair, taming it, before heading down to my car. 

Tonight was the night. I needed to officially make her mine. 

I don't know what it was about this girl, but she made me feel different. She was nothing like anything I've ever had before. Just being in her presence, I had butterflies in my stomach. It was a good feeling, though. She made me laugh without even trying, and I found myself smiling every second I was with her. Not to mention, she was gorgeous. Absolutely stunning. The way her long, dark brown hair fell over her shoulders had me mesmerized. I wanted to spend every second of my life with her. I never wanted what we had to end. I wanted this to last. I needed this to last.