Chapter 1- Mako.

2 years earlier...

The smell of the salty sea water filled the air as the strong wind blew in my curly brown hair.

Being a boat owner was the best thing you could do, in my opinion. It's the best way to just run away from the world. 

Especially when you have no idea where your going.

Yep, I'm lost...

It felt like another hour of traveling across the ocean, when I saw a silhouette of a huge mountain in the distance.

"Why not have an explore?" I mumbled to myself.

I got to the shore and flicked off my sandals to feel the soft sand imbetween my toes.

I grinned brightly and sprinted to the forest looking land a few feet infront of me.

Knocking out all the twigs and leaves in my way like a knight in shining armour and his sword, I stopped for a few moments and took in the beautiful scenery surrounding me.

A rustle in the bushes caught me off guard. I stumbled to the sound and there was a -

All I felt was myself plummeting into darkness, then, I fell onto some gritty, rocky sand.

Using my hands and knees to get me on my feet again, I looked around this mysterious cave. It had glowing dark purple rocks, concealing it from sunlight.

My breathing got heavier as the lack of oxygen got to me. I walked further on, I noticed something crystal blue sparkling from the corner of my eye.

It was a pool, and a damn goregous one. It looked so tempting and it felt like it was calling me to jump into it.

I shook out of my mini trance and started to walk out....

Got you.

I dived into the pool like a seal spotting a fish. At first, it was cold but my body heat saved me from freezing.

I splashed around, by myself, and had the time of my life, until I could see it getting darker than the cave already was.

I looked up and seen the full moon perfectly fit in with the hole that was naturally made at the top of the cave. That gave me a name for it.

'The Moon Pool.'

I sat back and relaxed for a moment.

All of a sudden, the Moon Pool started bubbling up like a hot tub. I wrinkled my eyebrows and attempted to get out.

Unfortunately, I couldn't.

It felt like my legs had disappeared. Finally, the pool calmed down and the moon had passed. I slowed my breathing and gulped.

I attempted to get out again, making myself look like a beached whale. When I got out, I realised that I didn't have my usual top on. Instead, I had a orange crop top looking thing on.

I wiggled my legs, but it felt like my legs were flopping up and down without control of my brain.

I looked around to my legs, slowly, like I was in a horror movie. Then, it struck me, my legs weren't legs anymore...

I had a mermaid tail! A long, vibrant orange tail. The end was in a shape of a love heart with yellow tips.

I obviously made my way back to the Moon Pool and swam out of the cave, into open ocean. I got used to having a tail instantly.

Little did I know that I had more than just a tail...