Chapter 5- The Others.

Two hours after I got in the aircraft, it finally landed. When the door opened, I was so grateful for a refreshing breath of fresh air.

Natasha and Nick escorted me out of there and we came to a tall tower with a lite up 'A' at the top. This must be the Avengers Tower I've heard so many people talk about.

When I walked in. There were mostly boys lounging about on chairs and fiddling with things.

Then, everyone stopped....
And stared.

"Guys! Everyone meet the new official member of the Avengers!" Nick called out, breaking the awkward silence.

"Don't you think we have enough Avengers now?" One giggled.

"Tony, shut it!" Another said.

"So, introduce yourself." Natasha nudged me.

Once again, everyone stared, making me feel overwhelmed.

"Well... my name is Rikki Henderson and uh- I am a mermaid." I managed to say.

The name known as Tony puffed a laugh. "A mermaid." He started to chuckle. Next thing you know, another two were laughing.

The thing that creeped me out most was a man with long brown hair and what seemed to be a metal arm was staring, along with a man with a spike of blonde hair on his head and what looked like 4 bands going up his arm was doing the same.

The man named Tony walked up to me with a glass of water. My heart rate picked as he threw it on me.

My jaw dropped as I transformed. I wasnt going to get along with this guy, at all. All the other stopped and stared for the third time with amused eyes.

My tail flapped up and down as I steamed it up, attempting to dry myself.

A sudden tap on the shoulder stopped me, a girl looked down at me.

"Need a help?" She said. I nodded shyly as she created a fireball and threw it at my tail.

I winced at the sight of my tail being on fire but it soon cooled down and I was dry.

"Thank you." I shook the girl's hand.

Everyone backed away from her like she was evil, but she gave out her hand so I could stand.

"Names Phoenix." She smiled.

"Rikki." I smiled back.

Great first day.