Chapter 8- New Job.

I asked Phoenix if I could let Fury in and when she said yes, I let him in and shut the door.

"So, whats the job?" I questioned, trying to sound professional, but inside I was screaming. Why, you ask? Because I was getting my first job as an Avenger.

Nick cleared his throat. "We have captured our villain and Rikki, I want you to look after him."

"Why cant you just ask me? He's my brother?" Phoenix suddenly gritted.

"Ahh, see the point is, your going down there as well to look after Rikki." Nick answered, informative.

"And then what, you gunna ask Thor to look after me?" She challenged. My head went back and fourth between the two.

Nick hesitated for a moment. "I wasnt thinking about that, but if its too much for you to handle, then I might consider it."

"I'm sure it will be okay, she has fire, I well, have my tail." I said.

Nick nodded and went for the door, looking back at us, wanting us to follow.

After walking down the corridor and into the main area, I felt a tap on my shoulder. A presence leaned forward behind me and whispered in my ear.

Please be safe... It said worryingly.

I didnt even bother to look back at who it was and carried on walking.

Making my way out of the elevator, there was another wide open space and a clear cage.

When I walked nearer, a man with jet black hair and sparkling eyes was staring at me and Phoenix like he was expecting us.

Nick left after telling us to 'just watch him' and Phoenix went up to the glass where the man was standing on the other side.

"My dear sister, Phoenix." He said darkly. His voice made me look up from wherever I was looking. His voice just flowed.

"Loki, why?" Phoenix asked. Loki. That's her brother. Oh dear.

"Please, if you and Thor werent here right now, I would be King!" He smirked.

"Loki, let it go, patience." Phoenix said, surprisingly calm. Loki's face turned to me.

"Who's this maiden?" He grinned like the gif above. I stood up and folded my arms, hiding what I was really feeling.

"Name's Rikki, you dare try to escape and I will freeze you." I tried to sound stern.

"Ooo, I like her." Loki replied then faced Phoenix again. "So I have you and this maiden baby sitting me, in this horrid Midguardian cage?"

"Unfortunately, you do, brother." She sighed again. Loki then stumbled over so he was in front of me now.

"Mermaid, huh? Impressive!" He smirked. My eyes widened. Did he just read my mind? I turned to Phoenix, who was no longer near me but messing around with a sleeping bag.

She looked up. "What? We're looking after him 24/7 so why not sleep here?" She chirped. I facepalmed and rolled my eyes.

"Why dont you join me in here for a while? I need company." Loki pouted, almost polite, more hints of micheviousness came through more though.

It almost made me feel sorry for him. "In your dreams." I scoffed and went to Phoenix to help her with the sleeping bags.