Chapter 4- Noticed.

After the incident with Archie, I decided to take the rest of the day off. Knowing no body would care anyway.

I swam back to Mako and lounged in the Moon Pool until I was calm. I swished my tail side to side, scanning all the actions Archie had pulled on me.

I put my hand into a claw shape and heated up the pool, making it an even better way to make me feel better.

"That's pretty impressive." A female voice chirped from behind me. I jumped out of my skeleton and my body darted to where the voice came from.

A woman was there, dressed in all leather, blue eyes and red hair that was just about to her shoulders.

"Who...? Where..? Whaa..?" I stuttered. She chuckled and crouched down by the edge of the pool.

"Hello, let me introduce myself, my name is Natasha Romanoff and I am a recruit for a special group of people called S.H.I.E.L.D. I am here now because I have found a gifted specimen like you, and I was wondering if you wanted to come back with me to see if you want to be a part of a team called the Avengers." The woman speeched.

All I could do was give a slight nod of my head. I was talking to a real superhero. I was in awe.

"Is that a yes, or a no miss..?"

"Henderson, Rikki Henderson and yes, I will be delighted to work for you." I just about said. Natasha grinned at me and held out her hand to help me out of the Moon Pool. She handed me a cloth and I wiped my tail dry so I was human again.

On the beach of the island, a huge helicopter looking transportation device stood above us. Natasha knocked on the window and it automatically opened.

She let me in first, then followed behind me. It was a spacious room with people on computers and the pilot's cockpit at the front.

Overall, it did look quite pleasant.

Just when I was about to settle down and read a book I found on a desk, a man with an eye patch approached me, alongside Natasha.

"Rikki, this is Nick Fury, director of S.H.E.I.L.D." Natasha introduced.

"I'm so glad to be meeting you Miss Henderson." He said with a deep voice.

"Thank you for letting me come with you." I said in return.

"My pleasure." He responded. As the pair walked away, leaving me to relax with that book...