Chapter 12 - Confronting Lies - Tuesday Morning, Mid-May

.

.

The next day Clay is parked in front of Chris' house. Taking a bunch of selfies. Chris walks up to the car and says.

.

Chris: aren't you supposed to open the door for me, DRIVER? [smiling]

Clay: [laughs] shut up and get your narrow-ass in, we need to talk.

Chris: about? [getting in the passenger seat]

Clay: I called Rafael and Victorrio last night. [pulling off and begins the short drive to school]

Chris: what the fuck? [angrily] I told you to leave it alone. I don't need you to get involved.

Clay: Rafael said you were hitting on Vic.

Chris: What? Come on, you know that's a lie. First, I can't believe you did exactly what I asked you not to do and second, for you believe some blatant lie like that. That's the worst part, I mean what the fuck?

Clay: I know, I know I'm sorry, and of course I didn't believe it, but you were acting all weird yesterday I wanted to find what happened.

Chris: [groans in frustration] okay fine, since you're not going to let this go, I'll tell you. After Mo-Jo put the bandage on Vic, I was washing my hands, Vic had gotten naked, then he came over to the sink and started to jack his dick right there in front of me. I was so freaked out, I just wanted to get away. That's why I couldn't concentrate on hitting.

Clay: I figured, that bullshit Rafael was talking bout was pure noise. Vic wouldn't tell me anything, but he said not to worry. You know, I can barely understand him half the time. He said something, sounded like tu aman ... hay... aman-something?

Chris: tu amante?

Clay: yeah, yeah, he said, don't worry, "tu amante is good."

Chris: oh lord, see this is why I need to talk to you.

Clay what?

Chris: sometimes you act like you my ...

Clay: Dad? Yeah, I know, I'm a bit protective.

Chris: no, not my dad, you act like my boyfriend or some shit. Tu amante means; your lover. He was calling us lovers. Sometimes you act like we're having sex or something. Please stop trying to protect me, like I can't do it myself. Just stop, please. Now we have our teammates talking shit.

Clay: I really don't give a fuck what people say.

Chris: please, for me.

Clay: iight boo.

Chris: see that's what I mean. [frustrated]

Clay: [laughing] okay. [rubbing on Chris' knee]

Chris: please, I'm begging you, also don't talk to Victorrio anymore. [turns up the volume on the music and stared out the window]