Chapter 44 - A Friends Comfort - Monday Night, Late July

.

.

Mrs. Carter wouldn't let Chris stay at home alone. She asked Chris if he would rather for them to stay with him in his house or if he wanted to come over to their house. Chris said he didn't want to be in the house where his mother just died. After packing up a medium-sized suitcase, Chris stopped by his mother's room, stood by the door, and whispered: "I love you."

.

Chris held up pretty well all day, a few moments of tear shedding. He must have had tons of messages and missed calls. Brooke was making plans and other arrangements for the funeral and other things that needed to be taken care of.

All the phone calls began to stress him out, he was over it all and just wanted to close his eyes. After taking a long hot shower and came out and laid in Clay's bed. After a few minutes of deep thought, he began to cry.

Seeing his best friend cry, Clay does his best to console him. They lay together in silence on his bed when Chris put his head on Clay's shoulder. Clay just holds Chris by the face as gently as he can and says.

Clay: Chris, I'm here for you. Go ahead, lay down, and I'll be back with some water.

.

Clay leaves the room after pausing at the door to see Chris, lay on his bed, and begins to sob again. Returning with the water. Clay stands there for a minute, and he hears Chris sleep crying. He puts the glass down and heads over to the bed, crawls in with Chris, and holds him. He caressed Chris' body to stop him from shaking.

.

Clay: I got you, I'm here.

Chris: [mumbles] ... [unintelligible] you ...

Clay: I love you too.

.

Clay kisses Chris on the forehead, before wrapping them up in the sheet.

Around 9:30 pm, Clay wakes up, feeling hot, he gets up to see going on. Checking the thermostat and see that it's set to seventy degrees and "cool." Looking at his window and sees that there's no glow around his window from the street lights outside. The power was out in the neighborhood. He feels that his clothes are wet and notices that Chris is covered in sweat and is soaking wet.

Clay: Chris, Chris ...

Chris: hmm, huh?

Clay: the power went out; it's burning up in here, we been sweating up the sheets. Take off this stuff before you die ...

Chris: hmm, okay, yeah ... [rolling back over]

Clay: boy get up...

.

Clay, sighs, and just helps Chris out his shirt and shorts.

.

Clay: Damn, these draws are soaked too.

.

Clay undresses Chris completely naked, and the gets undressed too. The room was so hot that he just left Chris there with no clothes on. He grabbed a pillow and put it between the both of them to keep their hot bodies from touching each other and then lays back in bed. While trying to fall asleep, Clay noticed that Chris was shaking again, so he moved in closer and held his hand again, rubbing on Chris' arms to calm him down. Doing that seemed to work, Chris soon was still and fast asleep, Clay fell asleep shortly after that.

About an hour later, Clay woke up to find Chris laying on his chest, with a leg draped over Clay's. Chris's hand was holding onto Clay's dick. The pillow that was between them was thrown on the floor. He could feel Chris' dick throbbing against his thigh. Chris turns his head and starts to kiss on Clay's neck while slowly stroking his dick. Clay just laid there and let Chris do what he was doing, fighting the very intense urge to roll over and have sex with him, even though his dick is throbbing and pulsing from the attention it's receiving from Chris. About five minutes later, Chris stops "sleep" stroking Clay and falls back into deep sleep.

------------------

Through the next few days, Chris stays in Clay's room, only leaving to eat. The funeral was held the following week, another large attendance.

Clay losing his father and Chris losing his mother within a week from each other, made their bond together even stronger. They spent days together in Clay's room just being there for each other.

.

Mrs. Carter takes a leave of absence for two weeks to grieve, she and Carl spent time together as Clay was still grieving but was also helping Chris through his loss. After a week of being anti-social, Chris and Clay decide to make dinner for Mrs. Carter and Carl.

The life insurance for the Carter's was enough for Mrs. Carter to pay off the house, car notes, and credit cards. She was also able to put money away for Clay's and Carl's college expenses. She agrees to let Clay trade in his car and gives Carl his father pick-up truck.

Chris was already set-up with the inheritance from his father, plus getting half of all the benefits his mother set-up. The home he grew up in was put on the market. Chris was sitting on over three-quarters of a million dollars.

-------------------------

Stay tuned for From Friends to Lovers – Book 2, when Chris and Clay start college, meet new people, try to maintain their relationship while trying to figure out life. Many new and interesting characters, lots of drama and twist. Looking for input on how this first book went and where/how you'd like to see some of the main characters go. Thank you for reading this far. Thanks for the support and votes.