Chapter 20 - Styling by Chris - Sunday Afternoon, Early June

.

.

It was now the beginning of June, a week after the rumors about Chris were started by Kemberly and amplified by some unknown person or persons. He began to look forward to showing out with his best friend at the prom, this took his mind off the drama. He and Clay started their last-minute planning for the prom, after the abrupt invitation and gift he received from Clay. They decided (mostly Chris) to wear all white tuxedos, head to toe, all white.

.

Clay: all white?

Chris: yeah, it will be hot. If you really wanna do this, we gotta be the stars of the show. Plus, I really wanna go right now.

Clay: yeah? Why you all eager to go now?

Chris: cause, I want to see that dumb bitch's face when we walk in, so we have to be late, literally fashionably late.

Clay: okay, I guess, you the one with the fashion sense.

Chris: like my mother always says, "don't guess ... know!"

Clay: [laughing] so what else you got planned?

Chris: I want a limo. White, of course, to match our tuxedos.

Clay: [turning his nose up and questions the all-white theme] you sure, all-white everything?

Chris: yes, everything, even your socks, and underwear will be white silk. Let me worry about this, you just show up and look, you know.

Clay: know what? Say it!

Chris: you know the way you look all the time.

Clay: and how is that? [eagerly waiting for the response]

Chris: sexy ... you already know that.

Clay: [laughing] thanks, I think you're sexy too.

Chris: [blushing] boy stop. Let's go try and find all this stuff.

.

They head to Men's Warehouse and begin the frantic search to meet Chris' vision of their prom date.

.

Saleswoman: hello, welcome to Men's Warehouse, I'm Karen, how can I assist you today.

Chris: hi Karen, we need to change our orders.

Karen: okay, when do you need this by, most of the proms are happening this week.

Chris: yes, ours is this Friday, we're looking to go in all-white.

Karen: oh wow, that'll look nice, would you like to try some of our items on to see how they look?

Clay: yes, please.

.

They try on several different styles and brands, as well as different colors. After some back and forth, Chris agrees to alternate the tuxedos. Chris decides the color scheme would be white for his coat, pants, shoes, and shirt, with a red bow tie, vest, socks, and cuff-links. While Clay would wear the same white coat, pants, and shoes, he switched his shirt and handkerchief to red and switched his vest and bow tie to white.