Chapter 36 - What Do You Mean Two? - Monday Morning, Early July

.

.

A very lackluster 4th of July spent in the neighborhood watching the neighbors set off their fireworks in the middle of the cul-de-sac. Chris spends his holiday with Michelle, Dawn, and Lionel, the foursome set off the fireworks Dale bought. Chris and Michelle take the advice from Brooke. Choosing the quickest and safest way to determine whether Hector or Chris is the father of her unborn child. Having some time to think about what he'll do, Hector decides that he'll be supportive of Michelle's decision to keep the baby, after getting the blood test that confirmed she was indeed pregnant. The estimate was that she was about seven weeks pregnant. She made the appointment, and then ask Chris and Hector to go with her, Hector said he had to work-out with his summer basketball camp and couldn't make it. Chris said, "of course, I'll go with you."

.

.

Chris drove Michelle to the appointment, Dawn came along for moral support. Michelle was scheduled to get her first sonogram.

.

Technician: Okay, let's see what we can see [moves the ultrasound probe over Michelle's stomach]

... there we go, that's the ... heart and [moves the probe around]

... wait, wait a minute [moves the probe around some more]

Chris: Is everything okay?

Technician: hmm, let me see [continues to move the probe]

... look here, [pointing to the screen]

... heartbeat one and heartbeat two. [grinning ear to ear]

Michelle: two? What do you mean two?

Chris: two? As in twins?

Technician: yes, twins. That's what it looks like.

 That's what it looks like

Michelle: oh my God!

Chris: wow!! [holding Michelle's hand]

Michelle: Are you still sure? [turns to Chris]