Chapter 33 - Half On A Baby - Monday Morning, Mid-June

Clay TEXTING: Chris, that didn't mean anything to mean, I was bored and horny. I don't know why we did that, but as soon as it was done, I knew we made a big mistake. We didn't speak to each other for weeks after that. Luis said he didn't know what came over him, saying that he was confused, and after he did it, he felt gross. I don't know, it just kinda happened. But, then later that summer, I figured out why I let him do it, and why I was so bored. I was missing you, and that's when I realized that I liked you more than just friends, but like you as being attracted to you. I didn't know that Lou was gay too, until seeing the way he looks at you and at Carl. If there's anything I wish I could take back is that. I knew this would hurt you, and I understand if you don't want to hear from me right now, but I don't wanna lose you, you're the best thing in my life. I go to sleep thinking bout you, I wake up thinking bout you, all day I think bout you. This may sound like I'm just saying this to make you not be mad at me, but it's not. Chris, I'm in love with you. I'm sorry for acting the way I did yesterday, and I just wanna try to make it up to you in any way I can.

Chris TEXTING: I'm only replying because I don't want you blowing up my phone today. I read what you sent, I'm still mad and will be for a while, I need time to get through this, so please allow me the space to do that. Clay, I love you too, but you and Luis hurt me, with the lies more than your actions. So, yes, I hear you, but give me my time to deal with this.

Clay TEXTING: 😢 okay baby, TTYL ... I love you!!! 😗 😗 😗 😗 😗 😗 😗 😗 😗 😗 😗 😗 😗

.

Chris rolls back into bed and covers his head.

.

Later that day Michelle is with Hector, pulling up to the Chinese restaurant Hector runs in to get the food he and Michelle had phoned in.

.

Hector: be right back.

Michelle: okay [turns up the radio, listening to "Thick of It"]

... Mary, you too good for that buster.

.

Michelle: love ain't just black and white
ain't that simple
it gets hard to tell who's wrong or right
when it's dark with us
I swear I barely see the light
should I stick it out?

.

Hector's phone begins to buzz, text message after text message coming in. At first, Michelle ignores it, but the messages keep coming. Finally, getting annoyed, she picks up the phone to see if she needs to bring Hector the phone. Seeing that it's Edda, she looks to see if Hectoris coming and then opens the messages. Stunned, shocked, and crushed all at the same time, Michelle put the phone between her legs and turns up the music.

.

Michelle: so tell me who
who's gonna love
you like I do
who will you trust
I gave you too much
enough is enough
now we're in the thick of it

.

Michelle: first I give my heart to Chris and now this jackass, what is wrong with me [Hector comes back with the food and hands it to Michelle through the passenger window, seeing his phone in between her legs, he doesn't say anything at first]

Hector: [walking around to the driver's side door, and gets in] ready to go?

Michelle: yeah, I know you got plans, so just drop me off, and you can be about your way.