Chapter 30 - Judge Paula Presiding - Saturday Afternoon, Mid-June

.

Michelle sits in her bathroom, crying thinking what in the world is she going to do. Calling Dawn for advice and some help.

.

CALLS DAWN

Dawn: hey girl, what's going on?

Michelle: are you free? I need to talk, in person.

Dawn: yeah, come over... everything okay?

Michelle: no, I'll tell you when I get there

Dawn: [sounding concerned] o... kay...

ENDS CALL

.

Waiting for Michelle to come over, Dawn begins to worry. Opening the door to stand outside, starts to pace back and forth on the porch. Michelle slowly walks across the cul-de-sac.

.

Dawn: [sees that Michelle's eyes are red and puffy] what's wrong?

Michelle: [hugs Dawn] I made a huge mistake ...

Dawn: what happened, come inside.

Michelle: [going inside] let's go to your room, I don't want anyone to hear.

Dawn: okay, you're scaring me right now. [they head to Dawn's room, lock the door and Michelle sits at Dawn's desk]

... alright now, please tell me what's going on

Michelle: I think I'm pregnant!

Dawn: wait, what? You not on the pill?

Michelle: no ... [embarrassed]

Dawn: and you didn't make him use a condom?

Michelle: Hector, did, but Chris didn't ... but Chris didn't cum inside me, I saw him shoot it.

Dawn: [sighs] you know he probably was pre-cumming all up in you, and was he already out, or did he pull out?

Michelle: [dropping her head] he was about to cum, and he pulled out.

Dawn: when do you normally get your period?

Michelle: I'm a week late.

Dawn: shit. .. did you take one of those home pregnancy tests?

Michelle: [starting to cry again] no ...

Dawn: come with me.

.

Going to the bathroom, Dawn gets Michelle one of her test kits and explains how to do it. Michelle follows the instruction, once finished using the bathroom, Dawn comes back in, and they wait to see the results together. A few minutes later Dawn looks at the kit and shows it to Michelle.

.