Girl Problems

"These panckes are to die for," I praise. Blueberry is my absolute favorite.

My father and I ended up going to IHop. The inside was made out of yellow tiles and with blue furniture. It smells heavenly in here.

I've had two glasses of orange juice and a muffin before I began to eat the pancakes. My father had finished his morning breakfast like ten minutes ago. He's been trying to steal some of my food but every time he tried, I slapped his hand away.

"I can tell by the way you've been drooling over them and won't share," he grumbles. He crosses his arms over his chest and poutes.

I stick my tongue out at him then wipe my mouth with a napkin. My father pays for our meal and we walk outside to his car.

The cold breeze air flows through my hair, making me smile.

When we get closer to the car, I remember something. I have to get something for me. How will I ask my father? This is going to be awkward.

"Erm, Father? Can we stop by at the dollar store?" I shift uncomfortably in the passenger seat.

"What for, flower?" he asks me, not keeping his eyes off the road.

"Well it's a girl thing," I try to explain. Instead he raises his eyebrow. I groan and say, "Don't make me say it!"

When he stops at a red light, he put his hands up in surrender. "I just want to know."

"It's that time of month again for me..." I breath out.

My father covers his ears and shouts, "Okay, I understand! No need to go any further into details."

My cheeks redden and I start to laugh. He turns into the parking lot of the store and I get out. Slamming the door shut, accidentally, I tell my father I'll walk home since it's only five minutes away from here. He tells me to be careful and I nod.

I walk into the store, making the bells at the top of the door jingle. Walking over to the ladies section, I grab a bag and make my way towards the front of the store.

I grab a pack of cherry-lemon gum and set both of the items on the counter.

Waiting for the cashier to come, someone sits their stuff on the counter. I look up and see the boy that I saw the other day.

I try to think of his name, but it doesn't come to me. I bite my lip in frustration.

"Zayn," I hear him say. I mentally scold myself.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, I had forgotten," I apologize.

"Lainey, right?", he asks me.

"Yep, that's me." He remembered your name, why couldn't you remember his?

He smirks, clearly satisfied that he remembered it. "So, where you going after here?" he asks when we've finished purchasing our things.

"I'm walking home," I tell him.

"I'll walk with you."

"Sure. Wait, what?" I ask surprised, stopping dead in my tracks.

"Yeah. Let's go. We don't want any thugs to jump us, do we now?" he smiles.

I quickly walk back beside him, trying to keep up with his long strides.

I do not want any thugs to jump me, no I don't.

Sorry that I said another 1D guy was gonna be in this chapter. But in the next one, there will be. Promise! Well, maybe... vote and comment!! Need feedback. :)(: