Yearbook

Lainey's POV

"Alright, so, I'll go get something over here and you go get yearbooks dating all the way back in the 1980's, got it?"

Harry nods his head in understanding and walks up the circular stairs to the second floor to look for them. I grab my library card from my pocket and pinch the numbers in front on the keyboard. Seconds later, minutes later, the computer says I have fifty-six minutes.

I click the google browser and type in, class of 1989 at StarCrept High. Multiple articles pop up and I start to search through the first one.

   April 27, 1989  Senior Today we  interviewed multiple high school seniors. Why? Well, because we want to get to know the future business people, artists, authors, painters, etcetera of  the future. What they feel about their last year here and what their goals are in the future...

Further down the article are sections of a few students and a picture of them. I scroll down, skimming through the names. After a while, I'm about to exit out then I spot him. The guy from the photo in my escape room.

         Ussel Lawts

Mr.Lawts was very interesting to listen to. He has so much to offer in the world, with big dreams.

Interviewer: "Mr.Lawts, what is your plan in the future?"

Mr.Lawts: "Well, to grow old, that's for sure. Besides that, I think I want to work in the business world. It's so intriguing to me, ever since my first year here..."

The article goes in with more questions with his answers. I look at the last question and gasp.

Interviewer: "So, enough of that. Mr.Lawts, do you have anyone special?"

Mr.Lawts: "Erm, I actually do. She very beautiful and she's just who who she is with me, and to me, that's perfect."

Interviewer: "How sweet! Care to give us a name?"

Mr.Lawts: "I don't know is she'd like me telling her full name. I will tell you this; she has freckles and has a bad habit if eating pickles when she's nervous."

Mother eats pickles when she's nervous. She did it when her first gallery was shown to the day we went to go get my drivers license.

I look at his picture. In this one, his hair is thicker and he has glasses on. His eyes are happy but not as happy as in the other picture. I quickly write down his name and a few other thing when books land beside me with a thud.

"I found every year in the 1980's except one. I forgot which year, but well check."

I jump at the sound of Harry's voice behind me. I nod and see Harry's eyes scan the computer screen. I quickly exit out and see Harry raise an eyebrow. Waving him off, I open a year book.

I haven't told Harry my reason for coming to the library; I don't think I can. I don't want him to know about ny past. It's just too emotional for me to talk about. If he finds out about the floorboard and the picture, he'll tell me to go to the police. I don't want them to get involved. I need to figure out my mother's past and present alone.

I look over at Harry and see him humming and starring intently at a yearbook. It makes me laugh that he can be so focused on a "book" full of pictures. He looks up and furrows his eyebrows. "What?"

"Nothing," I smile. I look through the rest of the yearbooks and try to find my mother or Ussel in any.

"Harry? What yearbook was missing?"

He shuffles through the ones on the table. "Erm, the year 1989," he says. I nod and stand up.

"I'm going to go look for it. I'll be right back," I say and walk away.

Harry's POV

It was of no use of telling Lainey the yearbook isn't there. She'll just come back empty handed.

Boss had told us to get rid of everything connected to Willow. I don't know why, but he did. Ever since she dies, he wanted no proof that she existed. But he still had one picture of the women I don't know why he kept it if he didn't like knowing there was proof that she lived.

I didn't know why Lainey wanted to look at yearbooks or even come to the library. If she wanted to tell me, she will, but if she doesn't want me to know, I won't pry her.

I really like her and I want her to like me too. Even if she doesn't, I want her to trust me and that won't happen if I don't let her have he space.

It was strange that she closed the window that had opened on the computer. I look over at the screen and see that she had minimized it instead.

No Harry, don't. You want to gain her trust, don't you?

Yes, I do.

Then don't snoop into her business!

But I'm curious!

Feeling ashamed, I walk over to the seat in front if the computer and click the bar.

It opens up and my eyes widen. No, she couldn't be? Shecan't be in it. Only a few girls are. Could she?

First week, we had to learn about the top people and that's clearly what she's doing.

Lainey's part of the business.

Agito de.

Move On.

Just throw tomatoes at me. I'm SUPER SORRY!! My internet is soo bad right now. Technical difficulties. Lol. I use my mother's phone to follow my new followers. Once again, I'm sorry.

Please vote and COMMENT! :)