1

The warm and humid spring air coated Seoul like a blanket. Summer was approaching quick but that didn't stop the erupting smouldering heat from the phantom volcanoes. The surrounding diamond oceans sparkled like gems. The tropical palm trees swayed at the gentle breeze. The sun was setting through braided colours of pink and orange. The golden hour as some might call it was taking a vast pace towards the beautiful landscape of the city. Hitting every corner to shine it's yellow rays that many took advantage of.

"It's really beautiful." Irene sighed while propping her head on her open palm, arm steady on her best friend, Joy's bed.

"What is?" Wendy asked but needed no answer as her eyes followed Irene's gaze, landing on the beautiful rainbow ombre that the sky proudly showed off.

"Yea, yea, it's pretty. Can we take a break?" Joy whined in sync with a throw of her pencil onto the textbook.

"It's already six. I think we should call it a day." Wendy turned back to her two best friends.

"Yea, I have to pick up Yeri from her friend's house." Irene said.

"Speaking of family, how's it going without your parents?" Wendy pursued her lips as she waited for her best friend's answer.

"They called and said everything is going fine. They still have to wait a few more hours before their plane to Japan."

"How long will they be gone for?"

Irene hummed, "I don't know. They said around two months."

Her friend's mouths fell at the words,

"Two months?" The red head and Canadian questioned in unison.

The brunette pushed up her glasses and shrugged, "Possibly more."

"More?" Wendy's eyes nearly bulged out of their head.

"I wish my parents would leave on a business trip for two months." The tall latter pouted which only caused the two older ones to distinguish into a chuckle,

"Yea, and they'd come back to a burned down house."

"I'll just live in one of your guys' houses." Joy shrugged which only made Irene scoff,

"It's already a handful having a sister like Yeri, but you?"

"Yeri loves me! I'll play with her so you can live in peace."

Irene playfully rolled her eyes with a smile as she packed her school stuff into her purple backpack,

"Yea, yea. We'll see. I'll see you guys tomorrow." 

"Okay, bye unnie!"

"Bye grandma!"

With a final death glare towards Joy, Irene lead herself out of the redhead's large house and ventured down the pathway towards Yeri's friend's home.

The little bunny couldn't help but stare in awe from nature's beauty, especially this time as everything was a beautiful shade of sparkling gold.

The safe neighbourhood on the perimeter of Seoul was shining like gold. Large two storey suburban homes that neighboured each other with open and freshly cut lawns. Children's laughter filled the air from the park on the other side of the street. Spraying each other with chilly water that belonged to the attached splash pad.

Beside the park, two elderly ladies sat on the bench talking about pie recipes. Just a little over the green grass, an athletic couple jogged happily side by side together. Over there a mindless teenager walked his dog with his eyes glued to the bright screen of his phone. Up and over  the fence that Irene was beside was brimmed with mothers chatting about the delights of cheese and wine meanwhile the father's talked excitedly about last night's game with beers in hand.