17

I'm back from the dead.

---

"I still don't understand how you managed to finish it."

The trio of best friends stood at Irene's locker, waiting for the brunette to pack her things so they could go home already.

"Yea, did you even get sleep last night?"

Irene sighed and closed her locker door, "I already had everything preprinted, I just had to put everything together."

Joy hummed as the three began to walk down the crowded hall, the redhead obviously not buying her excuse, "Preprinted? The labels were handwritten and the body was drawn perfectly. Perfectly."

"Why do you care so much?" Irene questioned and fixed her glasses on her nose.

"I don't, just curious how you were able to do a project in such short time."

"She's Bae Irene, what do you expect?" The Canadian said and the three chuckled in the time they took a step outside in the burning heat that showed summer's quick advance.

The three musketeers transitioned the topic into the biology test tomorrow, reminding Irene that she had to study but conversation was stopped when their eyes fell on a large group of students crowding around something on the road.

"What's going on?" Wendy questioned as the three came closer, seeing that many of the students held their phones and were taking photos like sort of clingy paparazzi.

They circled around and were finally able to see the whole ruckus but as the two girls smiled excitedly, Irene's face drained. Seulgi's tinted car sat itself on the curb and only another glance at it, Irene took off into a fast walk down the sidewalk. Joy and Wendy immediately noticed the girl wandering off and had to run to catch up to her, breathing in confusion from her sudden disappearance.

"Irene? Did you see the car?" Joy asked excitedly.

"Yea, sure."

"Was that an R8?" Wendy dug through her knowledge of cars and the tallest nodded.

"You know how much they cost? A quarter million. You need good money to buy such a thing."

"Just get a sugar mama." Wendy jokingly said which earned a playful glare from Joy.

"What would a car like that be doing here?" The redhead beamed with excitement and Irene quietly groaned in annoyance, feet moving faster but the sudden rumbling engine beside her made her slow down significantly in contrast to her racing heartbeat.

"Irene!" The familiar voice of Seulgi came into her ears.

She almost smiled at the husky tone but the suspicious looks of her friends and the setting around them widened her eyes. Seulgi. Oh god, what what she doing here?

Irene paced herself faster, her two best friends doing the same to keep up with the tiny brunette who seemed to be in a sudden rush.

"Irene, do you know her?" Joy eyed the half rolled window that revealed Seulgi, who was luckily wearing her usual disguise but didn't stop any danger from the surroundings.

"No, I don't." Irene gritted her teeth, hearing the cocky engine spew rumbles out.

"Irene, get in."

"Seems like you know her," Wendy commented.

"Irene, please."

"Go Irene!" Joy chirped.