6

Irene's eyes ripped open at the sound of her blaring alarm, jumping out of her sheets to silence it. She sighed in annoyance and sat down on the edge of her bed trying her best not to let her mind to wash back into her latest dreams. Unfamiliar dreams that she had already deemed purely unhealthy. Dreams about Seulgi. The unusual thing about them was that she never saw the girl herself but more characteristics of her. The closest thing that she had gotten to was her eyes. Those mono eyes that seemed to haunt her not so in a negative way, but a more piercing and clingy way. Task failing, her notions wandered off into the recovery abyss but was soon replaced by the now well known guilt of leaving the raven stranded in a sketchy area.

Where was Seulgi?

Was she safe?

Irene's conscience asked but defended against them with a scoff.

Why would I care?

She huffed out and turned to her closet to begin her usual morning routine. Uniform, washroom and breakfast downstairs.

Irene allowed a piece of her to prepare for Seulgi's sudden appearance pop up but after five minutes of digging through the cupboards, no one showed up, not even Yeri which made Irene jog back up the stairs to her bedroom.

"Yeri, wake up. School time." Irene told her little sister who seemed to be already fulfilling the command with squinted open eyes.

"Good morning. What would you like for breakfast?"

Yeri mumbled something in gibberish and Irene nodded as if she understood before turning on the room lights and spiralling down towards the kitchen.

She was ready again, ready for Seulgi to pop out and apologize by giving her more packages of banana milk while she pondered about with the spatula but she concluded her delusions with a sigh. Irene really must've been going crazy but she shrugged it off. She began making the simple delight of toast but a sudden noise behind her made her whip at the speed of light.

"Yeri, present yourself!" Irene groaned and clutched the kitchen utensil in her hand.

"Why are you so jumpy?"

"I'm not, you just scared me!"

"I was walking down the staircase like I do every morning."

Irene loudly exhaled and turned back to the toast that was sticking out of the black accented machine.

"Eat up. We have school soon." The bunny stated with a wipe of butter onto the breakfast.

"I know." Yeri groaned.

"Cheer up. Remember about my present?"

The words automatically made Yeri's face light up with a smile in remembrance prior to shooting up the staircase to get dressed.

Within moments, the little girl came down with her uniform and backpack after Irene had finished her side of the breakfast.

"Come on, we gotta go in five minutes!" The brunette laughed as her little sister dashed to the table and stuffed a entire piece into her mouth, crumbs falling all over the table and basically everywhere.

"Let's go." Yeri mumbled through the toast but right before they stepped out the door, Irene stopped and turned to her.

"Yeri, what you saw last night never happened, okay?"

The blonde stared at her.

"Got it?"

With a nod, Irene smiled and lead her little sister out while she repeated the words to herself.