26

Hi uknees, I'm alive.

This is really short but I didn't want too force too many things in this chapter because I've mapped out the events/timeline for each chapter and this just ended up being shorter than usual but it's better than nothing. Anyways enjoy. <3

---

Seulgi sat on the lone spot underneath the tree, back resting against the hard bark. She gazed upon the city, a sunset rippling throughout the sky. The beauty almost made her awe. The pain that had been unbearable in her stomach had faded away and what was left were her thoughts. She thought about everything that had happened, her mind still processing everything there was. Henry with his brutal attacks and hostage plan, Krystal tipping off Henry and lastly Irene. Pure and beautiful Irene. Seulgi couldn't comprehend how she managed to twist the poor girl into her trail of trouble. The brunette was as innocent as a newborn puppy and her heart ached at the thought of her getting hurt, more so because of her. She wondered if Irene was really safe as Krystal had stated but with the entire chaos that had just happened, Seulgi didn't know if she could trust anyone anymore.

Her throat was scratchy and her clothes were torn in a few spots and the continuation of thought about Irene only made her want to stand up and check on her but when she attempted to, a soft and familiar voice stopped her.

"It's good to see you again."

Seulgi sat with her eyes staring ahead. A voice she remembered so sweet and honey like. And then came a familiar bark from a dog. Then she realized.

"Buddy..." Seulgi breathed to herself. 

Her heart began thumping fast and loud. She spun around on her hands and knees and stood up, her lips parted with rosy cheeks.

Seulgi couldn't recognize her before. She was just an ordinary woman with a dog but now with another encounter, Seulgi could recognize the sweet woman as only one.

"Mom..." Seulgi whispered.

"Seulgi." The woman smiled, features resembling her daughter almost identically. Monolids and a smile that shined brighter than the stars.

She stood a fair distance away but Seulgi didn't register anything before she began running towards her mother.

"Mom-" Seulgi cried out and was prepared to collide with a fragile body but in the mere second, she felt her weight shift and fall, breaking into the hard earth beneath her. She propped herself up onto her arms and felt her lips tremble along with her hands that harshly grasped onto the grass.

Seulgi spun around and faced the woman who showed a sad smile.

"Mom." Seulgi's eyes blurred with tears as she watched her mother stand with her childhood pet.

"Seulgi. You've always been such a bright child."

"Where- Wh- H-How are you h-here?" Seulgi cried with tears threatening to spill.

"It's purely of your imagination Seul."

"Don't say t-that," Seulgi begged and then clutched her head with her hands. "Please don't say that."

"I must be hallucinating. This can't be happening." The raven gasped for air.

"Seulgi, my precious daughter, look at me, please."

Seulgi's red eyes immediately snapped up to her mother and she weakly smiled.

"Mom... Buddy..."