25

Sorry, I was meditating.

Anyways, stan Red Velvet and stream Really Bad Boy.

---

Irene felt herself jolt awake and gasping for air as if she were about to drown. Her body awoke in cold sweat as she sat upright on the bed that was so familiar yet so empty.

Her anxious eyes scanned the room and recognized she wasn't in hers but in Seulgi's. She remembered how she awoke in the middle of the night in her own but slowly moved to the bedroom opposite in the hallway and fell asleep of the faintly scented bed of citrus. Her mind then wandered back to Seulgi. The blur from last night.

The brunette scanned the bed and her surroundings once ore, the cold emptiness brought her eyes to tears and lips to a quiver when the faze in her mind became clear.

"S-Seulgi..." Irene whimpered with such a weak and vulnerable voice. Those who heard her would have tears in their own eyes.

"Seulgi-" Irene cried out with tears as they travelled underneath covers and around the empty bed again. As if Seulgi was just playing a silly prank and was about to pop out and tell Irene it was just a joke. But she didn't. Seulgi was gone.

The crying must've been heard through the house because moments later, a worried Wendy barged into the room with a glass of water and a headache relief in her hands.

"Irene? Are you alright?" Wendy panicked.

"W-Where's S-Seulgi?" Irene turned the blankets over that laid around her for the millionth time and then up at Wendy with red and puffy eyes and a heart that ached for the raven. Irene didn't know how close she had gotten to Seulgi and just how much she cared for her until now. Until she was gone.

"Is s-she okay?"

Wendy frowned at her friend's frantic actions and settled the items in her hand on the nightstand.

"Seulgi is fine, Irene. At least I think." Wendy mumbled the last part to herself, terrified to bring even more fear to Irene.

"Where i-is she?"

"I... I don't know." Wendy sighed. "But she is safe. Please don't worry Irene."

"I need to s-see her Wendy."

"No. You need to rest. You killed all of your energy because of last night."

"And I'll k-kill what's left of me just to m-make sure Seulgi is okay." Irene lowered her eyebrows in frustration.

"Irene, you must rest." Wendy took a hold of the girls arm who was about to flee to calm her down and Irene simply let out more tears and fell back onto the bed.

"What if she's h-hurt? They got a hold of her." Irene sobbed. "What if she's- she's-"

"Irene, you need to relax. Seulgi will be fine. She's basically a trained professional." Wendy lightly joked in attempt to liften the mood but Irene continued to sob waterfalls down her cheeks.

"If she gets h-hurt. It's all my fault."

"Irene, you can't blame yourself for everything."

"But it is my fault!"

Wendy frowned and looked over at the Advil she had brought and took it into her hand.

"She'll be okay. For now, take this and catch some sleep. You barely got any last night because you kept awakening."