15

Wow, this sucks but hopefully it makes up for my sudden lack of updates.

---

The sunlight coated Seulgi through the window like a warm blanket when no physical one was seen on her. The light movement outside of the unfamiliar room had awakened her and curiosity ate at her but the dreadful pain everywhere throughout her body had her near paralyzed. Her state of agony brought everything back from yesterday. The awful fight with Henry that was surely to get her killed until the mere mention of the police made them scatter. The fear of coming back into the house where she laid inside, to see Irene's reaction. The moment Irene came into her mind, it was like a remedy for some of the pain. Some sort of healing power.

With slow movements, she created a distance between her back and the floral scent that she was growing accustomed to. Because that's just how close she was to Irene recently. 

She surely thought the pain in her abdomen was the biggest pinpoint. Not nearly as sharp as yesterday but that annoying ache that made you slow in all movements. Her injuries were worse than she initially thought.

Finally sitting in a straight posture, she stood up and quietly trudged to the doorway. A tender headache making its presence known with every step. She shyly removed herself from Irene's room, specifically her bed, and with cautious steps made her way downstairs where the sizzles of food and clanking of cutlery made her at slight ease. Her light footsteps sounded into the kitchen, first seeing the blonde at the table drinking a glass of milk then towards the perfect portrait of the beautiful girl who stood at the stove in her school uniform, talking to someone on the phone. Seulgi stood at the entrance, observing Irene's flawless figure and hearing her mumble a few words before finally hanging up. She took the move to enter.

"Hey."

Irene jumped and nearly flung the spatula out of her hand from the startle, grasping her heart and turning to Seulgi, Yeri laughing in the background at the scene.

Irene breathed and loosened herself seeing the familiar girl, "You know, you could announce yourself."

Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows. "Sorry. I didn't want to interrupt your phone call. Who was it anyway?"

"My parents," Irene stated. "Why are you here? You're supposed to be upstairs resting."

"Oh," Seulgi's smile fell. "I didn't know. I was also kind of hungry."

"I was going to bring you some in bed. You're just going to hurt yourself if you move around."

"I feel fine."

"You don't look fine." Irene's eyes fell onto Seulgi's bandaged hands, creating some conscious in the raven's mind to bring her hands close to her chest.

"I feel better. It still kind of hurts but I'm fine."

"Well, you recover quick."

"I'm used to it."

Irene knitted her brows at the statement but Seulgi immediately dismissed it with another question.

"What are you making?"

"Pancakes since I never got to make them last time." Irene faintly smiled with her focus back onto the stove in front of her.

"Yeri and I have school soon so we have to go. Can I trust you not to burn the house down?"

"I don't know. Do you trust me?" Seulgi repeated her desiring question but Irene merely shrugged in response, lips popping from the raven who made her way to the table.