5

Sorry that this chapter kind of sucks but after it the main plot will start to take off and things will actually get going.

---

Irene couldn't deny the guilt that had settled into her. Tapping her fingers on the steering wheel as she forced herself to remain calm with the car nearing her final destination. She glanced at Seulgi and back onto the street where lights burned. Irene bit her lip once her mind claimed to a point. She had been checking on Seulgi a few times every minute, yet the girl hadn't even glanced at Irene a single time during the drive which only drove her anxiety to the top bar.

Once they finally pulled up to a red light, Seulgi hummed out after careful observation.

"You got me the USB."

The driver nodded for the obvious.

"You want your payment Irene, correct?"

Irene nodded once more in the accustomed mute.

Seulgi mimicked her physical gesture,

"So where are you taking me?"

The brunette simply stared off ahead just like Seulgi and pressed the gas once the red light converted to green.

"Irene."

The way Seulgi had said her name with such firm and cold only drove the fear and guilt up the spirit of a staircase.

"We're going the right way."

"I don't think so."

That's when Irene realized why Seulgi had her eyes glued to the road. To take note of the pathway they went to make it back the same way without any suspicious detours which was what Irene was currently doing. It honestly amazed her, sitting beside such a clever passenger. 

A clever thief.

"How would you know?"

"Do you think I'm new to this area?"

Irene only continued chewing her lips.

"Where are you taking me?"

"My house."

"No, you're not."

"I think it's you that needs a patience check."

"I think you need to make better lies."

Irene gripped the steering wheel. This criminal had been driving her to the last piece of her mind's sanity. She gnawed at her pink muscle, brows falling lowly while she pulled from the busy street and into a tangle of corners in an eerily quiet and rundown neighbourhood before stopping aside on a silent block.

"Get out." Irene spat for the millionth time that day but Seulgi simply stared straight ahead, watching a pair of headlights pass them.

"Get out or take my ride to the police."

"Oh, so you wanted to hand me over?" Seulgi asked in a creepily calm tone.

"You're a thief. A criminal who's wanted by the police. I can't even believe I went out and ran an errand for you." Irene said through gritted teeth. "So either get the hell out or wait here for a jail cell."

The masked trespasser gripped the USB package in her hands prior to her hand pushing out the door and her body into the warm air of the night.

"Thanks for this." Seulgi muttered so quietly with a raise of the plastic package as her other hand shuffled around in the pocket of her jean jacket.