12

Dark clouds were slowly seeping into the night, murky streaks of darkness taming the sky. The cool breeze gradually increasing and taking over the day's warmth. The two sat in silence, just watching the dense air roll in over the city, threatening rain and a thunder storm. Seulgi glanced at Irene. The girl she had tried so hard to provide solace for which had worked but now the raven was taking a deep breath in nervosa.

"Irene."

The said girl who's arms were wrapped tightly around herself for begging warmth revolved to Seulgi for the nth time of the hour, humming in response.

"What.. What happened earlier?" Seulgi locked her vision onto Irene's eyes and did not dare to look anywhere else. "When you came to the car.. and you were.."

Irene moved her eyes from Seulgi's and bit her lip, staring at the cool earth underneath them.

"Sorry. You don't have to answer if you don't want to."

Irene shook her head and weakly sighed. "No, it's fine. I was walking back and this.. man decided to grab me."

Seulgi remained her eyes on Irene, feeling a mutt of emotions mix in her gut at the sight of her reddening eyes.

"I told him to let go, but h-he wouldn't." Irene's lip quivered.

"You don't have to continue." Seulgi scooted closer and Irene let her head fall with a little tremble to hide her tearing eyes.

"He t-then asked me what I was doing, w-walking those streets then he began m-moving his hands a-and.." Irene sniffled to the first fallen tear. "H-He w-wouldn't stop. I-I-"

"I'm sorry Irene." Seulgi moved her face closer for the crying girl to hear, feeling the threat of crying herself. "I'm so fucking sorry. I shouldn't have let you wander alone. I should have at least driven you. I shouldn't have even pushed you to come. I'm so sorry."

Seulgi bit her lip to stop her trembling lip, hands clutching her head in guilty frustration. "God, I always fuck up. I'm sorry Irene. I'll get the hell out of your life so I can't cause you any more pain. Oh, fuck. Fuck!"

Seulgi shouted angrily at herself and pulled at her hair, long locks falling messily everywhere.

"S-Stop blaming yourself for everything," Irene shuddered and sniffled. "It's not your f-fault."

"It is my fault Irene. I knew how dangerous that neighbourhood was and yet I sent you off to go walk alone in the middle of it." Seulgi continued pulling at her hair out of pure self hatred but her act was soon stopped by a soft and gentle hand on her jacket covered wrist.

"Stop," Irene tugged Seulgi's arm from her hair and onto the cold earth. "Stop doing t-that. You can't take all the b-blame all the time Seulgi."

Seulgi watched the girl shudder once more and frowned. "Are you cold?"

"I'm f-fine."

Ignoring her statement once, Seulgi peeled off her jean jacket and handed it to Irene who shook her head.

"I said I'm fine Seulgi."

Seeing how stubborn Irene was, the raven took it upon herself and draped the girls shoulders with her jacket, weakly smiling seeing Irene calm down almost immediately.

"Better?"

Irene nodded shyly. "T-Thank you."

"No problem."

"Aren't you going to get cold?" Irene eyed Seulgi's white t shirt.

"I'm fine. We better get going anyways." The raven sighed.