3

"Irene! Did you hear the news?!" Wendy asked with bulging eyes the moment Irene sat down at their table in the cafeteria. A routine that they have grown accustom to.

You mean the thief who broke into my house last night, pointed a gun at my head, slept in the shed overnight and stole all of my banana milk?

"No?" Irene questioned innocently which earned a click of the tongue from the tall redhead,

"Do you live under a rock?" Joy asked,

"You know my house."

"Jeez, it's called sarcasm granny."

Joy let out a squeak from the sudden hit on the back of her hit from the so called 'granny' who rolled her eyes while the Canadian simply laughed,

"You had that coming."

"Whatever." Joy groaned and rubbed her head.

"What up fatties!" A voice half screamed near them, turning their heads to the direction to see the rest of their friends.

"You're the fatty, fatty." Joy said once Lisa seated down with Chaeyoung beside her.

"Hush children." Wendy said.

"Did you guys see the news last night and this morning?" Jisoo asked with her books gripped tightly.

Wendy nodded, "The whole school has been talking about it, even the teachers. I overheard some saying that the head of district wants to shut down schools in the area for a couple of weeks."

"Wouldn't that be great?" Jennie dropped her bag onto the table, "No stupid law homework for two weeks."

"It's your fault you took it knowing it was a hard course." Jisoo stated facts which only winded up Jennie to a quiet grumble and lean her head onto her shoulder,

"Irene, what do you think about all of this?" Chaeyoung asked the quiet girl who adverted her eyes up to the girls in confusion,

"S-sorry, what?"

"Did you hear the news?" Lisa asked but Joy immediately answered,

"No, the granny lives under a rock."

"I was joking."

"So was I."

"I just have a lot on my mind."

"Oh," Chaeyoung hummed, "Like?"

"Just school stuff. Homework."

"I can't believe they're still giving us homework when the school year is almost over."

"There's still like, two months left before summer break." Wendy laughed at Lisa.

"Still unbelievable. I really hope they shut down the school."

The group tuned into a conversation about the news again, allowing Irene to dig deeper into her thoughts. Those mono eyes that stared voids into her soul. They would surely haunt her for some time. How such a mischievous glint reflected on them when the intruder got so cocky with her only an hour ago. How she had not one but two conversations with the wanted criminal. Some things she would never tell anyone. Ever.

The loud bell that signalled first period made Irene hop back into reality, Wendy seeing the girl being unusually jumpy.

"You okay?" Wendy asked,

"Yea." Irene smiled and slung her purple backpack over her shoulder,

"I'm fine."

***