4

Without her mind, Irene's hand suddenly launched the bottle in her hand at the figure that shot up from the screaming and sudden pain before tripping back down onto the bed.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?!" Irene screamed and fished out her phone with her shaking hands.

"Such way to treat a guest."

"Guest?! Are you kidding me?! I'm calling the police. This is ridiculous. You're in my bed. You're in my room. You're in my house." Irene's voice flew down the stairs of loudness to a strangely calm level while she unlocked her phone.

"Please. Don't. I was exhausted."

"Exhausted?" Irene's mouth fell agape in disbelief, "Exhausted? You think I care? You think you buying me a few groceries will make me pity you? I don't pity the person who's a wanted criminal. The person who broke into my home. The person who slept in our shed overnight. Tell me, did you sleep there again?" Irene spat as she began dialing the city's emergency number when her phone was suddenly ripped from her hands.

"Give it back."

"Say you won't call the police."

"Give it back, K.S."

"Say it, Irene."

The bunny froze at her name being rolled off the thief's tongue behind the black mask,

"How.. How do you-"

The raven pointed to a notebook on Irene's desk before tossing her arms over her chest with the phone still tightly clutched in a hand.

"You were sniffing around my room?" Irene's mouth dropped in shock.

"No. You just don't know how to properly hide things."

"Hide things? Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't prepared for a thief to bust into my room!"

"Life's unexpected, isn't it?"

"Give me back my phone."

"I will if you give me something."

"No. Give it, now."

"Give me a USB and I'll give you your phone back."

"A what?"

"Did I stutter? Give me a USB."

"Is this some joke?"

"Do I look like I joking? Get me a USB."

"No."

"Guess this is mine now." The masked stranger sighed, slowly pushing the phone near her pocket before the the shorter one in front of her jumped,

"Fine!" Irene angrily said, "Fine. I'll give you a USB. If I do, will you give me my phone and get out of my life?"

"Possibly."

"No, I need a firm answer."

"If you swear you won't phone the police."

"I swear. Now give me my phone."

"Get me a USB first."

"I-" Before Irene could ever start her sentence, the abrupt footsteps on the staircase and the small voice of Yeri calling out her name made her freeze. She couldn't be seen with the thief again. Irene quickly turned around to shoo the raven away but confusion overswept her when only the girl's apparition remained.

"Irene unnie? What was that scream?" Yeri asked as her small legs carried her to the doorway of her older sister's room.

"I'm fine. Just hit my foot on the door." Irene lied with guilt.