21

Sorry it's been like ten years but it's better late than never, right?

---

The pair ate in a comfortable silence, stealing a few glances up at each other which resulted in shy smiles towards their bowls of food but no words to be spoken. After they finished, Irene stood at the sink silently washing the dishes that Seulgi brought to her until she finally spoke,

"You know," Irene paused. "You eat a lot for someone like you."

"Someone like me? What is that supposed to mean?" The taller latter chuckled.

"Well you eat like the supposed bear you are but anyone with eyes can admit you're toned." Irene casually stated as she washed down a pate, no eyes to see the struck and fuzzy features on Seulgi.

"Oh."

"But don't take it as a chance to brag." Irene wiped her hands on the towel and spun around with a smug smile, leaning back onto the counter with her arms for support.

"Brag about what?" Seulgi took a step closer to the shorter girl, a smirk sprawling across her lips in contrast to the one disappearing off Irene's. The brunette's eyes fell from Seulgi's to her stomach that was covered by a baggy hoodie, much to Irene's annoyance.

Irene rose her vision back up to Seulgi's face that was only inches away from her own, staring right back with a serious expression. The two dazed upon each other's features. The softness in Irene's and sharpness in Seulgi's. Irene truthfully admitted for hopes that Seulgi would in a way touch her but those wishes were collapsed by the foreign voice of Yeri.

"Is the food done?!" The blonde practically screamed and caused the two to immediately separate.

"Yea, we already ate but we left some for you." Seulgi smiled as if nothing happened to the small girl who grinned at the large steaming pot and was anonymous to the disappointment from Irene's frown.

"Thanks unnie!" Yeri squeaked and eagerly poured herself a bowl of the noodles.

"Well, I'll be in my room if you need me." Seulgi nodded and directed her comment to nobody specifically and within moments, vanished up the stairs.

Irene sighed and ran a hand through her hair, still visibly upset about Yeri's interruption. She quietly took a seat adjacent to Yeri and watched her move her face from the bowl of food to the streaming tv show on the tv.

Irene huffed, "Yeri, you know it's not polite to interrupt people like that."

The blonde turned herself to her sibling and furrowed her eyebrows. "Like how you are right now with my TV show?"

Irene laughed, "I meant human to human. If Seulgi and I are speaking, you don't just barge in, sceaming for food."

"You two were talking?" Yeri asked through a mouthful of ramen.

Irene bit her lip, "Kind of."

"Yes or no?"

Irene groaned with a laugh, "Eat your noodles. You have school tomorrow."

"So do you."

"I know. Just finish up."

"You still owe me a bedtime story."

"Now do I?"

"Yea, from that time when you decided to sleep in Seulgi's room, again."

"Eat." Irene mumbled.