One

The sight of the bathroom ceiling was blurry. My light brown hair floated in the water close to my face, brushed against the skin, and then floated away. I allowed myself to smile as the sight of the ceiling become clearer to me. I exhaled as my lips entered the air, which allowed oxygen into my lungs with a slight inhale. I allowed my head to fall back into the water again, and felt my body warm due to the warm water, which was almost acting as a blanket, there wasn't a part of my body that was above water. I blinked quickly as my hair floated over my eyes again, and opened them wide as it floated away into a big messy knot. The tub was deep, I live in a big house in New York with my Aunt and sister. My parents got killed in a car wreck when I was five. I wasn't in the car, but I saw it happen right outside of our home. I remember the feeling. I remember the sight of blood and gas, eventually fire. Tears stung my eyes in effort to get rid of those thoughts. I tried not to sob, I would run out of breath, and I didn't want my aunt to hear me. She's nice, sure, but she's not anyone I want to get into details about my feelings and issues. I got out of the bath, directly after pulling the plug and admiring the water getting sucked down into the drain. I put on my robe, and jumped into my bed, ready to sleep for the night. I lied down for a few minutes, and then waddled over to my drawer to find a night gown. The one I picked was dark blue, and it had a pink bear it the middle of it. I took my robe off, and replaced it with the nightdress, which was loose and the bottom of it hung at my hip. I turned my lamp off as I went into bed again, and fell asleep safe and sound.

-

I woke up my eyes to the sight of the morning sneaking through my window. I rolled onto my side, and let my legs hit the floor as I pulled my self off of it. I grabbed my phone, and clicked it on to check the time. It was 7:15. I quickly got dressed, and ran down the stairs as fast as my legs would go in order to be outside waiting for the bus as quickly as possible. My aunt was still asleep in her bedroom, and my sister was "sick". I doubted she actually was, my guess would be she's skipping out on presenting her project today. I shoved my wallet in my pocket, and made a sandwich for breakfast. As soon as I finished eating it, I hurried out the door, ready to start a new school day.