Thirteen

Seven months have passed since I had that nightmare. I never told anyone, not even Regina, Quinn, Patrica, or even my own girlfriend, Charlotte, or Cameron. The two people that I trusted most didn't even know about my current deep trouble. Every so often I would think about the dream I had, and try to understand what it means. I believe, and always have, that dreams have meanings. We wouldn't be thinking about something if it didn't mean shit to us right? What if this dream is trying to tell me something? I brought my knees up to my chest and began shaking at the thought. I never had a nightmare as severe as that one, at least not since I was about six, on either Mother's Day or Father's Day. I can't quite remember which one it was. It was a flashback dream, of their car accident.

The good thing is, I managed to convince Cameron to pick up his guitar and play it in his father's honour. I was happy that I was having such a good influence on him, but I was afraid that I was still leading him on. I made an agreement with Charlotte that Cameron wasn't to know about our relationship yet, and she was fine with it. She didn't ask my reason, just respected my wishes. Charlotte obviously cared a lot for me, she was the best person for me to be in a relationship with. Not going to lie, it's sort of difficult to keep it a secret, but I cared for Charlotte, and rumours spread like a wildfire in this town, and Charlotte has already has a tough social life because of her ex boyfriend. (Ben).

I watched the rain pour from the dark sky. Charlotte was laying on the bottom bunk, scrolling through her Instagram account. The rain poured down harder, soon followed by thunder and lightning. I was always scared of thunderstorms, I would wince every time the lightning struck, and jump in fear every time the thunder roared.

"Mia are you alright?" Charlotte asked as she looked up from her phone.

"Yeah I'm fine. I'm just scared of thunderstorms." I replied. The trees were blowing in the wind, some on their limits of balance. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. Charlotte cleared a spot for me on the bed, so I laid down next to her. Her eyes greeted mine, and her arm pulled me closer to her. The storm was still raging outside the house, but it seemed quieter now. I wasn't as focused on it now that I was with Charlotte. My eyelashes felt drier now, but my face still hurt from the dry tears that laid upon it.

"I used to be scared of storms too." Charlotte said softly.

"I thought I was the only one." I replied.

"You're not." Our conversation played in my head, due to the fact that it was calming, and rather reassuring that she didn't think I was crazy.

"You're perfect." I didn't realize what I was saying before it slipped out of my lips, but I meant it for damn sure.

Charlotte smiled and placed a soft kiss on my cheek. We stayed like this for awhile. She was my sunshine. My only sunshine away.

My eyes closed, and I felt myself singing "You Are My Sunshine" as I drifted off to sleep

You Are My Sunshine

My only sunshine

You make me happy

When skies are grey

You'll never know dear, how much I love you

Please don't take my sunshine away.....

I was in the woods. They were dark, all I could see clearly was the ground and some trees, but not in detail.

I could feel blood trickling down my arm, but I wasn't sure as to why. I screeched because it stung. I avoided touching the wound, the problem is I wasn't sure where it was, so I had to be extra careful. I winced in pain as I got off the ground, there must have been wounds on my legs too. 

"Stop right there!" A voice said. Ben. Ben was speaking to me. Hell he won't ever go away.

I froze in my tracks, unable to move. Ben approached me, he ran his fingers through my hair. I could feel his fire hot breath touch my skin.

An image of Charlotte appeared in the sky, looking like something paranormal-- most likely a ghost. Ben snapped his fingers and she disappeared.

"You leave now." Ben said. He released his grip on me and pushed me to the ground. All of a sudden, a strong wind came about. I was lifted off the ground and was flying towards a giant object, my brain thought of it as some type of UFO.

I began to scream as I was sucked into the object. I was quiet as soon as the doors were closed. I couldn't talk anymore.

I saw a picture of Charlotte on a screen, but someone destroyed it after they figured out I was looking at it. Cruel bastards.

I opened up my eyes, but Charlotte wasn't beside me. I was relieved to find her searching through her dresser. She pulled out a necklace with a rainbow heart on the chain.