Two

I walked the hallways of the school, with no happiness forming in my brain. To my luck, I spotted my best friend with the name of Patricia leaning against her locker at the end of the long hallway. When I first came here, I thought it was never ending.

"Hey." Patrica said as she shoved her backpack in her locker.

"Hey." I swung my locker open, to reveal the messiest damn thing I ever laid my blue eyes on.

"Are you ever going to clean that?" Patrica's eyes widened as she saw the state my locker was in.

"Hey give me a break." I slammed my locker shut once I retrieved my belongings that I would need for my morning classes.

Patricia understood the reasons why I was slacking in my organization, in fact she's the only one that knows the full story of the impact my parents death really had on me. Of course the whole group knows they died, but all they know is that I went into an extreme grieving state, not about the depression that it took me forever to get through and feel decent. When I was going through severe depression and missed a lot of school, I simply told them I had just caught a bad case of the stomach flu.

"C'mon lets go." Patrica said as we walked down the hallway and turned left, that was the direction to our first class.

"Hey." Our teacher, Mrs.Barnes said as we entered the classroom. I always liked her. She was always the most friendly teacher that taught in this school. The rest of the teachers didn't even make an effort to connect with their students. Mrs Barnes taught English. I always like English, mainly because I was good  at it. I sat down in my spot at the back of the classroom, which luckily was a seat next to one of my best friends with the name of Quinn Harley. She was always one of the smartest people I knew, and her looks represented the image most people think of when they think of smart  people. She had short brown hair, black glasses, and a plaid shirt and jeans. She wasn't model material,  but she was pretty. I guess nobody is this class is really that bad looking. Next week we have a test on a book that Patricia hasn't even started yet, Quinn and I were the only ones that finished it. Quinn is full of the attitude "on time is late", hence why she bent over backwards to finish the book two weeks. before it was required to. So while the rest of us are reading this period, I guess Quinn is just going to review for the test on the book that half the people in the glass don't even give a shit about.

~

After English class was over, I held the book along with my binders close to my chest as I headed for Science class, Patricia joined me and Quinn headed off to her math class.

"You finished that book yet?" Patricia asked as we entered the Science Lab.

"No I have not finished the book that should not be named." I laughed as we sat down in our desks.

Then I saw the most beautiful girl ever. I used to be her best friend I remember that, but then she moved away. She looked so different,

"Charlotte?" My eyes widened in surprise as I approached the girl, who was in a middle of a conversation with the teacher.

"Hey Mia." She said. Not even a hug, not an 'I missed you' just a 'hey'. To  be honest I was kind of offended, but I guess I haven't seen her in years, it's not like she would feel the connection we once did years later. At least not with out building it.