Three

Science class went by slow, and I couldn't manage to remove my gaze from the features of Charlotte. Her dark brown hair was in a French braid, and her eyebrows were groomed, complimenting the rest of her face, which included her ocean blue eyes that were decorated with long eyelashes that fluttered perfectly every time she blinked. The bell rang, and students jumped out of their desks, grabbing all their books and rushed towards the door. I sighed when I realized I had lost sight of Charlotte due to the crowding, so i just trudged toward my locker, but not without getting jump scared by Regina Polla, who was the girl I usually had lunch with.

"Hey Regina." I smiled at the girl, who returned it sweetly while waiting for me to finish up at my locker.

"Hey Mia." She replied as I closed my locker and locked it up. I swung my lunch bag beside my thigh as I walked down the schools stairs.

I pushed it's front door open, and we entered the fresh outdoor smell of the fall season. We walked along the sidewalk, until we reached our usual lunch spot when it was nice outside. This place was a trail that the town was proud of, and it was pretty clear the rest of the country was as well. Regina and I like it here the best, not many people come within twenty metres of the place we hangout when we come here. This area doesn't include much; it's at the very end of the trail, only with some logs to sit on, and some gravestones near a big tree. Nobody goes near the gravestones, except Regina and I. I've always wondered why the gravestones are here and not at a proper graveyard, but I've never had the guts to ask anyone that might be able to give me the answer I am looking for.

"So Charlotte is back." Regina observed, breaking a thin stick she had picked up.

"Yeah I know." I mumbled, thinking about the encounter I had with the girl this morning.

Regina knew Charlotte as well, but they were never really friends. They put up with each other yes, but it wasn't anything like the connection Charlotte formed with me. Luckily, Regina didn't notice how silent I seemed to be after she mentioned Charlotte. Regina took a giant bite out of her apple, and kept her eyes off of me.

"Anything wrong?" I asked, pushing some hair away from the sight of my face.

Regina looked back at me, showing her red skin that covered her face, and her brown eyes looking distracted and dull.

"No." She shook her head and placed her gaze on the trees that surrounded us.

~

The walk back to the school was silent, and I couldn't seem to figure out why, Regina seemed totally fine this morning.

"My boyfriend broke up with me." Regina suddenly blurted out.

"Oh. I'm sorry" I couldn't have that much empathy for her, I've never had a real boyfriend. Sure, there were those in elementary school were you would just hold hands sometimes and give them some of your favourite candy, and then never see each other again.

"It's okay." She shrugged it off, I couldn't see any emotion in the expression of her face, but that was Regina. I could never tell her this, but I'm kind of glad that her now ex-boyfriend is out of her life. I never liked him. He wasn't mean, just kind of annoying. I didn't bother to ask her the cause of the split, she might go on and on about it. To tell the truth I don't really care.

I waved goodbye to her as we parted ways to go to the next class on our timetable. Which for me happened to be History. I didn't have class with anyone I knew, but I powered through it and just looked to see if there was any hotties in the class. There was this one guy, Jason Cheval. He was tall and muscular, with blonde hair and blue eyes, the typical chick magnet type. His smile was full of rather perfect shiny teeth. He was on the basketball team, which automatically earned him popularity. I only watched him from a distance, he is way out of my league. Jason sat on the other side of the classroom with the rest of the popular guys. I sat beside a girl who was called Poppy. I only knew her name because the teacher calls on her all the time because she's the type that people would call a "teachers pet". I was far from disagreeing with that label. I, for one was in no way a teachers pet. Especially Mr.Larry's. He looked about sixty years old, with little amount of hair that was pure grey. His skin was hanging off his bones, and his saggy jeans were held up by brown suspenders. He had a gruff, and raspy voice.

The class went the way it usually did. The nerds getting praised by Mr.Larry, me trying my best not to fall asleep, the jocks showing off their muscles to all the preppy girls, hoping to catch their attention, which they failed miserably at. The girls wouldn't even bat an eye to the boys' horrible flirting techniques. Poppy rolled her eyes in response to the boys on the other side of the room.

~

The bell singled the end of History class, to my relief. I can only hear Mr.Larry lecture about "back in the day" for so long. After about an hour in actual time, (it feels like ten hours in teenage brain time) your mind might start to go crazy. My next class is Gym, which I'm not a huge fan of either. The only reason I don't skip is because Regina also has Gym. I grabbed my Gym bag out of my locker, and headed for the change room. I hated changing with others around, so I snuck into the bathroom stalls and changed there. On my way to the stall, I heard a voice.

I turned around to see Charlotte.

"Hey." I said and flashed her a nervous smile.

"Hey. So do you have Gym with Mrs.Duperpolio?" She asked, showing me her timetable.

"Uh yeah. So do you I see."

Good lord she's so pretty.

"Yeah could you show me where that Gym is?" She asked as she focused on taking her clothes out of her Gym bag.

"Yeah for sure." I said and rushed towards the bathroom stall.

"Where are you going?" Charlotte asked as she began to undress.

"Oh I gotta go to the bathroom." I lied and locked the stall door as soon as I was in it.

"Okay. I'll wait here for you." She said sweetly.

I changed as quickly as I could, and flushed the toilet just so I wouldn't get any questions from Charlotte. When I went back into the main changing area, I was greeted by Charlotte, Regina, and about fifteen other kids that also had Gym class with us. Regina was short, she had messy hair that covered her shoulders. Charlotte was tall and she had her hair pulled neatly into a bun.

"C'mon guys." I said and Regina, along with Charlotte close behind followed me. We stepped into the giant gym, and sat down on the bench.

"What do you think we'll have to do today?" Regina wined, causing both Charlotte and I to roll our eyes and giggle. Mrs.Duperpolio walked in, and scanned all the girls sitting along the bench. She was a rather fit women, her biceps were much larger then you'd expect from the average women, her black hair was in a ponytail. She was wearing a black tank top and pink pants, and on her feet were green running shoes. She was a scary teacher to say the least, I don't think I've ever heard her when she's not yelling, except when she's in the hallways. She wasn't mean, she just had a "unique" way of coaching. Luckily, everyone in here is pretty athletic, so none of us have ever been caught in the middle of her "motivation". I don't know if I can name a sport she can't play. She has definitely let us know that she's "done it all". Basketball, Soccer, Equestrian, you name it she's done it.

"Run laps ladies!" Mrs. Duperpolio shouted and blew her whistle, causing everyone to jump and start running around the Gym. I was probably the best runner in this entire class, so I was always pretty close to the front of the pack. Occasionally I would get cramps from going too fast, but I kept pushing forward, Mrs.Duperpolio doesn't really show mercy unless you're dying.

"Okay bring it in ladies." Mrs.Duperpolio called and all the kids jogged towards her.

Regina was out of breath, but she appeared to be trying to toughen up when Mrs.Duperpolio sent her a glare.

"Okay today we are going to warm up with dodgeball." Mrs.Duperpolio said and swung her whistle string back and forth. The whole class cheered, we hardly ever get to play dodgeball. Most of the time it's hardcore sports. Sometimes I wish that for a change we could just go horseback riding or something. Since Mrs.Duperpolio has tons of experience with it.