Seven

The next morning I woke up with a groan. The night before wasn't easy, and I don't have high hopes for the current day either. I forced myself out of my bed. The breakfast I made was simple, a bowl of froot-loops with milk. I ate it as quickly as I could, due to the fact that I didn't desire to be in this house for very much longer this morning. I greeted my aunt and Katie as they entered the kitchen. I then jogged up the stairs that lead to my room, which I entered to get an outfit for the day. I didn't wear any fancy clothes, hell I didn't even own any. I wore t-shirts and black shorts. After I put those on, I saw a small white bag in the corner of my eye. I immediately realized that it was the makeup bag my mother had gotten for me when I was about four maybe, but I wasn't to use it until I was older.

I looked in the bag, and pulled out some lipstick, eye shadow, and well as some black eyeliner and some blush. I applied some makeup, and enjoyed the look it rewarded my features. My lips now were fuller and darker due to the dark shade of the lipstick. The blush emphasized my sharp cheekbones, and lastly my eyes. My eyes were my favourite part of my physical self, with their shining colour and perfect shape. My mom always told me that I had the most beautiful eyes in the world. I painted them with the eyeshadow and eyeliner, and mentally complimented my reflection. I ran a brush through my hair, and carefully braided it.

"Perfect." I said to myself and left my bedroom, to greet Aunt Lee in the hallway.

"You look pretty." She said with no emotion in her voice.

"Thanks." I replied and trudged down the stairs.

"MIA!" My aunts yell startled me to the point that I almost lost balance, but I was strong enough to hold my body up luckily.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked. Her voice seemed a little bit high pitched.

"Doing what?"

"This!" She poked at my face once she had gotten to the same step I was on.

"You don't understand." I swung open the door and ran out of the stairway.

I grabbed my wallet as well as my backpack and continued out of the house. I hated the fact that she was questioning what choice I made as far as makeup goes. When it comes to church she'll look like Ronald McDonald. When I asked her about it she says "that's different" I reply with "that's bullshit". (Yes I'm aware I have quite the trash-mouth). I never go to Church. I don't want to gamble my life away and sing stupid tunes every Sunday morning when I could just sleep in and have a productive life. Katie goes to church. I wish she wouldn't though. I'd be less scared for the child if she believed that her dolls were going to come alive at night to have a tea party. At least that's honest imagination.

"Mia wait!" My Aunt Lee begged as she joined me in the kitchen.

"What?" I asked impatiently, raising one eyebrow slightly.

"I don't want you to think that you have to wear makeup just to impress some boy."

I scoffed. "You wear way too much makeup for someone who doesn't even exist why am I in question?"

The anger in her eyes was obvious, although it was the truth.

She hit me.

The bitch really hit me.

"God doesn't like that." I snapped at her. With that she felt guilty, that was obvious.

"I can't believe I disappointed God!" She looked like she was going to faint from shock.

"What about your niece? AND YOUR SISTER! YOU CAN'T KEEP DOING THIS TO ME!" I cried so hard. This was the worst fight we ever had.

"Get out. Pack your bags, don't come back to me."

"NO WAY! YOU CAN'T KICK ME OUT!" My heart raced at the threat.

"I know someone who will take you in."