Ten

⚠️THERE IS SOME HEAVY STUFF IN THIS CHAPTER

It was Friday night now, the house that the party was going to be at was huge. It was like a mansion.  I had never really been to a real party before, so butterflies were flying around in my stomach. I wasn't nervous just because of the party, the fact that I was with my crush didn't calm down the nerves the slightest bit. My teeth broke the flesh on the inside of my mouth when I bit it, causing me to taste a medallic taste on my tongue. Charlotte opened the door to the party, people dancing and kissing greeted my sight. There was loud music playing, I knew I would have to scream in order for anyone to hear me tonight. Even though to them it would be equivalent to a whisper due to the loud music.

"Hey babe." A boy said and walked over to Charlotte and kissed her. He was tall, with short combed blonde hair and ocean blues eyes, and a sharp jawline.

"Mia this is my boyfriend, Ben." Charlotte said and looked over to the boy.

"Hey I'm Mia." I said and shook Ben's hand.

"Nice to meet you Mia." Ben said.

"Okay who's ready to party?" Charlotte cheered.

"I am." I said and examined the house. I recognized some of these people from school.

"I'm gonna get a drink okay?" Charlotte and Ben nodded so I made my way over to the punch bowl. I poured some of it into a cup, and sipped away at it. I wasn't much of a dancer, so I just sat down at a table. Charlotte and Ben were dancing, along with some other popular people. To tell you the truth, I felt lonely. Nobody really knew who I was here, so it looks like I'll be spending most of my night sitting at this table by myself.

I thought that until a boy sat down across from me. He was decent looking, he wasn't anything like Ben, but he wasn't ugly. He had bright orange hair along with freckles, and his teeth were perfectly straight.

"Hey." I said. He blushed and waved back.

"I'm Cameron." He said. "What's your name?"

"I'm Mia." I replied.

"That's a pretty name."

"Thanks."

"So do you go to Stanbridge?" Cameron asked.

"Yeah I do. How come I haven't seen you around?" I asked in reply.

"I'm new actually. I started yesterday."

"How do you like it so far?"

"It's alright. Just a high school. Nothing really special."

I'd have to agree with him there. I know not all high schools are the same, but there's no way that all of them are extremely different. Every high school has the Losers, the popular girls, the jocks, and the theatre kids. I'm curious about Cameron I'll admit. Judging by his general body build, I would say he is athletic, but he doesn't seem to have that stereotypical douche-bag jock attitude in him.

"Wanna dance?" Cameron asked.

"I'm not really a dancer." I replied with a shrug.

"Oh c'mon a pretty girl like you isn't a dancer?"

What?

"Fine. Only this once though. I hate dancing."

"I'll make you love it. C'mon!"

He pulled me onto the dance floor, and we moved to the rhythm of the music.

"You're doing great!" Cameron said and tried to copy my moves.