Nine

Charlotte entered the bedroom. I waved at her and hopped onto the top bunk.

"What are you doing here Mia?" Charlotte asked. She wasn't rude about it, just out of pure confusion.

I didn't want to tell her the truth due to the fact that she might give me charity that was unwanted. But I didn't want to lie to her either.

"I live here now." I said without looking into her eyes.

"Okay." She shrugged and sat herself down on the bottom bunk. I guess she was familiar with her mother taking people in. I'm trying to think of this as a new adventure, maybe it will help me restore my lost bond with Charlotte.

"Hey Mia?" Charlotte asked from below.

"Yeah?" I replied, running my fingers along my arms.

"My mom takes kids in who are- well, not accepted at home."

Her words stung my ears. Yes I was grateful to be here, but just to be reminded about how I was treated by my Aunt was tough to hear.

"Mia?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"I'm here if you want to talk."

"Thanks." I was truly relieved that Charlotte would be here for me, and I have a better chance of restoring our lost bond.

~

It was dark outside now. I changed in the a the bathroom and walked back in the bedroom once I changed. I held onto the bedsheets tight, due to the fact that I always was afraid of falling off of bunk beds. I could feel my body feel loose and weightless as I drifted off to sleep.

I awoke slowly. The sun hit my cheeks and awarded them heat. I examined my surroundings and realized I was near a Quarry Cliff.
"Hello?" I called out. Nobody responded to me. Panic started to take over me. I found the strength to pull my body off the ground. I walked carefully around, eventually seeing a figure. I ran towards it, and it turned out to be human. It turned out to be Charlotte. She was wearing a two piece bathing suit, it was black and blue. She pressed her pointed finger against her lips, and took off towards the cliff.

"Oh my god!" I called as her body was now in the air, heading for the water at the bottom of the Cliff. I sprinted towards it, and looked at Charlotte once I was close enough.

"C'mon in!" She shouted from the bottom of the cliff. I decided I might as well try it, what's the worst that could happen? The next minute I was flying through the air, causing a big splash when I landed in the water next to Charlotte.

She kissed me.

"I love you Mia." Charlotte said.

My eyes fluttered open to revel Charlotte's bedroom.

"Morning." Charlotte said as she appeared on the bunk bed ladder.

"Morning." I replied and sat up.

"C'mon. We should get ready for school."

"Yeah I guess."

I kept thinking about that dream I had last night. Was I interested in her in more of a friend way?

Oh god.

"Mia are you okay?" Charlotte asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just had a rough sleep last night."

"Oh. Alright. Lets go get breakfast."

I nodded, and we proceeded down to the kitchen where her mother was pouring cereal.

~

"My mom can drive us home after school as well." Charlotte said as we waved goodbye to her mother.

~

After school, we entered Charlotte's mother's car again.

"Hey there's a party this weekend would you like to go?" Charlotte asked.

"Yeah sure." I replied soir a genuine smile.

Wow. A party. With my crush. The weekend can't come soon enough.