Five

⚠️SOME NEGATIVE TALK ABOUT RELIGION/GOD FROM CHARACTER
I walked along the train tracks with Regina, occasionally trying to balance on them. I gave up once I realized that I wouldn't be able to stay on them for any longer than five seconds. Regina usually tried as well, but she was way too down in the dumps today to even attempt.

"I know you're upset about the breakup." I said as I dragged along the tracks. She stayed silent of course, but I knew her for long enough that she was just trying to play the "tough girl". It was only hurting herself.

"I'm not just leave me alone." She snapped and continued towards the train bridge that stood about thirty-feet tall over Main Street.

"REGINA!" I called and picked up speed. To my bad luck, I tripped and fell. The side of my cheek rubbed against the stones and the wood.

"Shit." I mumbled to myself and lived my body off the tracks. I gently rubbed the rocks off my cheek, I placed my hand on my hurting skin. My hand was bloody as a result of touching my cheek. Great that's just great.

By now Regina was in the distance, so I gave up on trying to catch up with her and walk slowly because I didn't want my body to hurt anymore than it already did.

Blood dripped onto my shoulder from my cheek, but I didn't have a cloth or Kleenex, so I ignored it to the best of my ability. I jumped and turned around quickly in response to a train horn. It was about twenty feet away from the bridge I was currently standing at, and it wasn't going turtle speed.my heart raced as I sprinted along the bridge. My body hurt with every step I took, and I felt like I was going to throw up all my lunch. The train sounded its horn again, this time the sound lasted for almost a minute. I looked back at the train that I was running from, it was now about ten feet away from me. Luckily, I was able to step off the tracks due to the fact that I had made it off the bridge before the train ran me over and ripped me into little pieces. Even though I was off the train tracks, I was still panicking. The reason you ask? I don't know where Regina is. She's not one that notices things very easily, especially when her mind is full. Right now her mind was full of thoughts of her breakup and our argument. I ran along the grass that was beside the tacks as the train went by. I was fully out of energy, and I fell to the ground.

I was on the side of the highway. My vision was very blurry, I couldn't identify anything about an object other than its colour. After awhile I could identify sound. The sounds that were around me was sirens and screaming. Nothing else. I was in pain, especially in my face. My vision became clearer, so I could now identify some bodies, and cop cars as well as ambulances and a fire truck.

"MIA WAKE UP!" A voice yelled.

My eyes flew open. I found Patrica looking at me with confusion. There were no fire trucks, or screaming people.

"Dude what happened to you?!" Patrica gave me a hand up.

"I-I think I might of had a panic attack." I remembered running from the train. I had had panic attacks before, but nothing like this.

"C'mon Mia. I'm taking you home." She insisted and grabbed my arm in a tight grip.

~

"Make sure you drink something okay?" Patrica said as she knocked on my Aunt's door.

"Yeah I will." I replied as the door was opened by my scared Aunt.

"Good lord Mia what's happened to you?" She asked, and pointed to the cut on my cheek.

"Um I just fell." I didn't want her to know that I was walking on the train tracks. Especially not about my near death experience.

"Well lets get you cleaned up sweetheart. Thanks Patrica." She grinned and Patricia returned it.

"Put a cloth on that sweetheart." I cringed at the "nickname". Mainly only because my mom used to call me that, I never let anyone call me that except her. I obeyed my Aunt, and placed a wet facecloth on my wound. It stung obviously, but after a few minutes it started to feel nice. My Aunt knocked on the door, and came in with a bandage. It was bigger than a normal one I would use if I just fell off my bike or ripped too munch skin off my finger.

"Put this on sweetheart." Her full lips were coated with fresh red lipstick that shone in the bathroom light.

"Thanks." I said and snatched the bandaid away from her.

She walked out, and I placed the bandaid carefully on my cheek.

"You look gross." I said to my reflection. I stepped outside the bathroom, and plopped myself down on the couch. There wasn't anything on the tv, so I just waited patiently for dinner. It was my sister's turn to set the table, and it was my turn to wash the dishes. I would actually rather set the table, but my sister shared that same view, and since she was younger, she got her first choice. Her name was Katie. I had an okay relationship with her I guess. She doesn't remember Mom and Dad at all. I'm not surprised, combined with the fact that she was the three years old, and she has a shitty memory, I'm not really surprised.

"Mia dinner!" My Aunt called from the kitchen. Katie greeted me by asking "what the hell happened to your face?".

"We don't use that kind of language here, Katie." My Aunt scolded as she sat down in her seat at the Kitchen table.

"Mia says it all the time!" Katie sneered and I gave her a light kick under the table, and she stopped talking for the rest of dinner after that.

My Aunt made her way back to the living room, along with Katie who didn't take a chance giving me a glance after the episode at dinner.

I started to pick up plates, but I dropped one of them and glass shattered everywhere.

"JESUS CHRIST!" I yelled at myself in a panic.

Unfortunately, my Aunt heard and cringed at my choice of words.

"You come here." She pointed at me. I sighed and followed her into her bedroom.

"HOW DARE YOU USE THAT LANGUAGE IN THIS HOUSE! YOU'RE MAKING YOUR SISTER THINK THAT ITS OKAY!" My Aunt shouted.

I sneered at her and crossed my arms. Does she know what I've been through?

"HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ABOUT GOD AND JESUS?"

"HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN TO STOP GETTING DRUNK AND YELL AT YOUR NIECE? WHAT KATIE SAID IS NOT MY FAULT!"

"Wonderful!" She said sarcastically and stormed out.

"Where are you going Aunt Lee?" Katie asked as my Aunt came down the stairs.

"I'll be back later sweetie okay?"

I heard a door slam. My Aunt has never done anything like that to me before. I waited about ten minutes, then I walked out the door as well.

"Where are YOU going?" Katie asked.

"To see Mom and Dad's grave." I answered.