Eleven

The sun brightened the windows and the room around us. Charlotte was still sleeping peacefully. I carefully stroked her chocolate brown hair. I laid myself back down and tried to go back to sleep. My eyes fluttered shut, but it was too bright in the room to fully go to sleep. The taste of her lips lingered on mine, even though it happened twelve hours ago.

"Mia?" Charlotte said in a groggy voice.

"Morning sleeping beauty." I giggled as I spoke.

"Ugh what time is it?"

"10:00am."

Part of me felt awkward, hoping she wouldn't remember anything that happened last night, part of me was okay with the reality of our budding romance.

Charlotte looked at me, her eyes were squinted, probably because she was extremely tired and didn't have her glasses on. Her hand touched my cheek softly, my eyes blinked in response to her touch. My eyes then fell down to her lips, which the memory of me kissing them became so clear.

"Charlotte.." I whispered softly.

"Shhh." Charlotte said and our lips came into contact.

We hugged each other tightly, my chin was resting on her shoulder.

"You're so beautiful." I said softly. Charlotte ran her fingers along my neck and across my collarbone, where Ben had touched me last night, however it felt a lot better and comfortable when it was Charlotte's hand instead of Ben's.

My phone went off, I groaned because it interrupted my moment with Charlotte.

"It's okay check your phone." Charlotte said and broke the hug that we had been sharing.

"Okay."

I grabbed my phone and saw that Cameron had texted me.

Cameron:
Hey

Me:
Hey Cameron

"Who was it?" Charlotte asked and wrapped her hands around my shoulders.

"Actually it was Cameron. The guy who fought Ben last night."

"The red haired dude?"

"Yeah."

Cameron:
Want to hang out?

Me:
Sure when?

Cameron:
Later today?

Me:
Maybe

"He wants to know if I want to hang out with him." I said.

"Sure but I'm coming."

"I'll ask if he's okay with it."

Me:
Can Charlotte come?

Cameron:
Who's that

Shit. What do I say?

Charlotte still had me in her arms, but wasn't paying attention to my phone. She hadn't mentioned any of her popular friends either, but they may be the reason she ended up in a relationship with Ben.

"He asked me who you were." I said.

"Say who I am then. It doesn't seem that hard to do."

She's right.

Me:
The girl you saved

Cameron:
Oh from that blonde haired douche?

Me:
Yes.

Cameron:
Yeah sure she can come

Me:
Okay good :)

Cameron:
:)

"He said yes." I said. Charlotte showed a thumbs up and smiled. I could tell she liked Cameron alright, which I was more than grateful for. I'm sure Patricia and Quinn will be fine with him as well, but Regina not so much. Regina is always trying to protect me, sometimes I have to tell her to back off.

Sometimes she has a right to be worried about certain people, but other times it just gets on my nerves.

~

Cameron's house was a decent size, it was a light shade of brown, with a door that was white.

"I'm never talking to them again." Charlotte said as I pressed my finger down on the doorbell.

"Who?" I asked in reply. I looked in the window, and saw Cameron coming toward me.

"My 'friends'." I patted her on the shoulder. I could see why.

"They were the ones that kept setting me up with Ben! Knowing what he would do!" Charlotte began to cry, but sniffles it up and rubbed her eyes when she noticed the door knob turning.

"Hey Cameron." I said. Cameron gave Charlotte and I a smile and motioned us to come inside.

~

We entered his bedroom, which was full of what you'd expect from a heterosexual sporty teenage boy. Football stars, pictures of hot female movie stars, mostly wearing a bikini or some other form of revealing clothing.

"Nice room." I said and sat myself down on the floor.

"Yeah. Nice." Charlotte added. Her had was on my shoulder, caressing it, moving down to my hand.

"So what do you do for fun?" Charlotte asked. I loved the way her voice sounded. She didn't have a " soft voice" per say, but it was still beautiful. It was different than another popular girl Amelia's voice. Amelia was the total opposite to me, somewhat similar to Charlotte. Amelia has always been nothing but kind to me, although she is quite the troublemaker.

"Mainly soccer. I play a little bit of electric guitar too- well I used to." Cameron looked down at the floor.

"Can I use your bathroom?" Charlotte asked and Cameron nodded.

"What's going on Cam? You look a little bit down." I said.

"It's nothing really." I wasn't buying this.

"Cam."

"My dad was always the one that helped me, taught me, did everything with me. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have even started playing it. But, he died last year."

"I'm sorry Cameron. My parents passed away when I was five years old."

Cameron put a hand on my shoulder. The sympathy was clear in his eyes. I admired him, but it wasn't love.

"I wish I could fix things for you Mia. But I can't." Cameron took my hand in his. The sight of his face was blurry, hot salt water escaped from my eyes, and Cameron removed it with his pointer finger that was on his free hand.

I let our fingers slide apart from each other, but still maintained our eye contact.

"You're a great friend Cameron." I said with my words caught at the back of my throat, it was hard to force them to come out of my lips.

His smile was small but genuine. Reminds me of my father.

Charlotte returned. I still didn't mention anything to Cameron about the fact that I had kissed Charlotte after the party last night. I dont know if I should.
.
.
.
.
A/N

Do you think Mia should tell Cameron about the kiss she shared with Charlotte?

Do you ship Mia with Charlotte or Cameron? (I put a special moment between Mia and Cameron in case there is some of you that ship them) 😄
-Marie