Twelve

Once Charlotte and I got back home, our silence still existed. I couldn't manage to stop thinking about the conversation I had with Cameron, and our little moment together. I didn't want to be with Cameron, I'm not sure if he wants to be with me. This situation was nothing short of stressful, I didn't want to lead Cameron on, I wanted to be with Charlotte, not him.

Charlotte's basement was huge, with a big flat screen tv in front of a light brown leather couch. We ate snacks while watching various movies on Netflix. Other then watching movies, we mostly just ate snacks and played games on our phone.

It was overall a fun afternoon, hanging out with Cameron, Netflix, and having good ol' games of subway surfers. The feeling of being here with her was worth all the waiting. Before this, we have never really talked since we were kids, our connection seemed to be thrown in the trash. I looked over to Charlotte, her hair was perfect, along with her ruby red lips. Her jawline was sharp, but at the same time extremely feminine.

I took a sip of my cream soda, Charlotte took a sip of her pink lemonade. Despite the amount of sugar in the cream soda, it failed to keep me awake. I laid my head down on Charlotte's shoulder, drifting off to sleep in under ten minutes.

I was underneath water. It was dark down here, so I figured that it was night. My hands felt numb and cold, the feeling then spread throughout the rest of my body. I felt like I was chained down to the rocks that I was laying down on. I tried to pull myself up so many times, but it was no use. I was stuck. I couldn't hold my breath anymore, I could feel my surroundings closing around me, suffocating me. Two big walls were inching towards my body, before they could squash me, I began to float upward.

Am I alive?

"Help!" I called out. I figured nobody could hear, and my voice wasn't clear due to the fact that I was in water. It felt warmer the closer I was to the top of the body of water. I squeezed my eyes shut, but opened them slowly when I could feel that I wasn't in water anymore.

I was dropped down onto a big rock. But the strangest thing was there was no pain. In fact the rock felt like I had just fell onto a big giant pillow. I lifted my head off of the rock, and was greeted to a sight of flowers. That was about it. It was still dark out, but I saw flowers that were so alive.

I saw a small fluffy white figure running towards me from the distance. As it got closer to me, I realized that it was an American Eskimo puppy.

The puppy jumped up on me and started licking my face.

"What are you doing here cutie?" I asked the puppy.

It's eyes turned a dark black, it morphed into a human being in a matter of seconds.

"Ben!" I exclaimed.

"Why hello Mia." He said sweetly, but his intentions were not sweet at all. He was pure evil and pretended to be my favourite breed of puppy!

"Go!" Charlotte said as she entered the scene. She was wearing regular clothes, but she had a gigantic sword in her hand.

"You'll kill her Ben!" Cameron said as he entered.

"You'll kill me, and the rest of us!" Charlotte said loudly.

My eyes shot open. I looked around the room and saw no puppy, no water, and no Ben. It was just a dream. It was just a nightmare.

.

.

.

QOTC: (QUESTION OF THE CHAPTER)
What do you think Mia's nightmare means?