Fourteen

"Do you remember this?" Charlotte asked, the necklace swinging around her pointer finger.

"No." I said plainly. Disappointment mixed with embarrassment showed in her facial expression. 

"We found this in your garden."

Her words suddenly forced my mind into a flashback.

Ten Years Ago....

Charlotte and I were playing in my backyard. We were sitting in my sandbox, building sand castles and moulding sand into a mountain, finishing it off by poking a hole in the top of it to make it a volcano. We giggled out of happiness, also proud of our creations. A couple minutes later, my mom came out with two a jug of blue kool aid and poured both Charlotte and I a small glass of it.

"Cheers!" I said, and Charlotte touched her cup to mine.

"Cheers!" Charlotte said back and we drank our kook aid. Once we were finished with our drinks, we sat the empty cups down on the sandbox.

We continued to play with sand toys for a while, until we got bored and decided to check out the family garden. I always wanted to know if there was something interesting underneath all the soil, roots, and flower bulbs.

We got out a toy shovel, and dig until Charlotte felt something.

"I think I got something!" Charlotte squealed. It was a beautiful necklace, a gold chain and a rainbow heart at the bottom.

"Wow!" I had never seen something more beautiful in my life! N

Present Day.....

"I remember that day." Charlotte said after I finished speaking about the flashback.

"So do I." I replied.

A/N
Hey
Sorry that this chapter is super super super short, but this is a busy time for me, exams and final projects, so the chapters won't be able to be 600-1000 words for the next two weeks or so.

Ps what did you think of the flashback?

-Marie