Six

I cried on the grass. What was happening to me? My Aunt doesn't drink, and now she hates me.

"I love you mom and dad." I said to the gravestones that stood in front of me. Nobody else was here,not that I care anyways. Everyone talks to graves at least once in their life.

"Why did you have to be taken by that evil?" I cried out to the graves. My voice echoed throughout the empty graveyard. It was peaceful now, and I felt that I wanted calm enough to leave. I headed out the gates, and the voice of Patrica greeted my ears.

"Hey." Patrica said as she jogged up next to me.

"Hey."

"Visiting your parents?"

"Uh yeah. I'm going home now though." I forced a grin look of my cheek muscles. 

"I'll see you at school then." She said and waved to me. I waved back and started on my way back to my aunts place. It hurt my heart to be in this situation. It hurt a lot.

~

"Hello?" I called out as I entered my home. Aunt Lee stepped into the room with authority.

"Where were you?" She asked sternly as her dark eyes made contact with mine.

"At the graveyard." I whispered.

Her face turned into sympathy.

"Why don't you go wait for me up in your room." Aunt Lee said.

I nodded and trudged my feet up the stairs that lead to my bedroom. I plopped myself down on it and waited for my Aunt to come up.

"Sweetheart?" I cringed at the nickname my Aunt used, but I didn't express my disgust.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"I feel really bad for the way that I treated you. I'm sorry."

"It's fine don't worry." I lied, picking some skin off my thumb.

"Hang in there okay?" My Aunt said and left the room.