Eighteen

⚠️GET TISSUES BEFORE YOU READ THIS CHAPTER

Got your tissues? Alright lets go! Final chapter everyone! Except the Epilogue.

Also I strongly reccomend listening to the song for this chapter while you are reading.

Song: Passanger-Let Her Go

We called the police. They informed us that they would investigate and attempt to find Ben, but part of me doubts that they'll try hard enough to have him on Americas Most Wanted.

I was happy that I could return home, Charlotte's parents hugged and kissed her, and gifted me with a comforting smile and short hug.

It was nice to feel safe and comfortable, but my heart and mind were still sinking in anxiety. We sat in front of the tv eating macaroni while various scenes played in front of us from the Lego movie. I looked down at my pasta as I played around with it with my spoon. The sun was starting to vanish away into the clouds as the night was soon aproaching. Once the movie was over, Charlotte and I decided to go to bed. I knew it would be a hard night, my goal is to go at least one night without some sort of nightmare, but due to the recent events that have been happening, I severely doubt that it would happen.

I looked up at the ceiling, small light coming from a green glow in the dark star that had been placed on there by Charlotte, who was now sleeping peacefully on the bottom bunk. I grinned in response to how cute she looked while she was in a peaceful slumber.

For me, sleep didn't come as easily. I anticipated I layed there awake for at least an hour before I finally found sleep deep in the shadows of my brain.

I was in a graveyard. My foot was shoved in mud, and I failed to remove it. The only movement that I could make with my feet were small pivots. I reminded myself of a basketball player trying to keep the ball from their opponent without getting busted for travelling. Nobody was around, the only sights that were in my eyes were gravestones.

But hold that thought. A figure that looked like Charlotte formed near a close gravestone. It was dressed in all white and sinking into the ground while it said

"Join me Mia."

I shook my head and attempted to run away, totally forgetting that I was stuck in mud.

"No! No! No!" I screamed.

"Mia wake up!"

"Wake up!" Charlotte said. I looked around at my surroundings realizing that I was just in my bedroom; safe and sound.

"Sorry, I just had a bad dream." I said.

"It's okay." Charlotte replied sweetly

"Thanks." I whispered.

"Let me stay with you." Charlotte said and hopped onto my bunk from the ladder she was previously standing on.

"Listen thanks for everything Charlotte." I said.

"No problem." Charlotte smiled and kissed me on the cheek. I didn't want my nightmares to become her responsibility, so I tried to stop thinking about it myself. It wasn't working out very well.

The night was over soon enough I guess. I woke up next to Charlotte who was still asleep. It was the weird kind of night where I couldn't wait for it to be morning. Which was strange, I typically cliked the nighttime. Extremely peaceful, beautiful, just like Charlotte.

Our breakfast was basic, a bowl of Cheerios and orang juice for drink. We were tired and quiet, no conversation topic actully came to my mind. I continued to stuff my mouth with cereal until the bowl was completely emty.

Charlotte had plans tonight, never told me what they were but she had plans. Most people I would know, like Regina would bitch in a jealous rage, but personally I don't give a shit. Trust and jealousy has never been in my personality code.

The night came quickly. Charlotte and I were standing in our bedroom. We kissed and then just hugged eachother for a long time.

"Bye." She whispered.

I watched as she walked down the stairs and out the door. It was already pretty late so I decided to just head to bed.

I woke up to a starling knock at the door. I realised that I was still in my pijamas, but went anyways because I didn't see Charlotte on her bottom bunk. Mr and Mrs. Erie walked down the stairs and I followed to the front door.

I opened the door to see two policemen standing outside the door.

"You're Sarah Erie? Charlotte Erie's mother?" A policeman asked.

"Yeah I am. What's going on?" Sarah asked, stating to worry.

"M'am there's been an accident tonight. Charlotte has been hit by a car."

No. Charlotte!

"What?!" I began to cry.

"Is she okay?" I asked.

"Well it doesn't look too good you better get to the hospital." The policeman said.

"George our precious Charlotte!" Sarah whaled and fell into her husband's arms.

The ride to the hospital was absent of any verbal communication, but it was noisy with noses blowing and cries.

I really hope she's okay.

We got to the hospital. George was quick to run in.

The lady at reception told us to sit down. We followed her orders and sat ourselves down. I waited imapitly and negativity in suspense for the doctor to come in and tell us about Charlotte's current state.

The doctor came in, with his head down in sadness.

"Is she okay?!" I blurted out.

The doctor shook his head. "I'm sorry guys. We just couldn't save her."

"NO SHE'S NOT DEAD!" I screamed in protest and charged down the hallway.

I came to the window where Charlotte's dead body was laying motionless. I cried like I never have before.

"Who did this?" I asked visosly to the doctor who was now entering the scene.

"The police are investigating. I think you should leave Mia." The doctor replied.

I nodded and walked slowly away from the window.

The important thing to remember is that when someone dies they're not actully gone. They're still alive in your heart and in your memories. When someone dies, memories are all you have