Chapter 14 - I Love You But I Have To

Chapter 14

I love You But I have to

Enzo’s P.O.V.

I was walking through the hallway of my condo’s building and I can’t help but to smile. I was carrying a boquet of flowers for Nikka. I may be the happiest man living in earth because I have my daughter and Nikka with me. I just felt like everything is finally falling into place.

After Nikka and I got okay, we started to do things like real couples does. We sleep late just to talk to each other, she prepares my clothes, she cooks for me, we laugh at things, we go on dates, and I know that we love each other.

I opened my unit’s door and I didn’t find Nikka waiting for me at the living room. I checked sa kitchen because maybe she’s eating. I also checked sa room ko if she was fixing my things there pero wala din.

I went to her room and slowly opened the door. I saw her packing her clothes and her stuff in her luggages. Parang biglang akong nanlumo. As far as I can remember, I didn’t do anything to make her upset.

We she saw me, she smiled and kissed my cheeks. I handed her the flowers and she smelled them. “Thanks, Enzo.” She returned to packing her things.

The moment she saw me, I noticed that her eyes were already swollen from crying. She didn’t even dare to tell me why was she doing all of these. For minutes, I just stood there watching her pack her things while she was crying.

Kasabay ng paglagay niya ng mga gamit niya sa maleta, unti-unting nababasag and puso ko. I just felt that this time, she was leaving me for good. But why?

“Is there something I did na ayaw mo?? Why are you doing this??” I told her as I hugged her from her back. Nagpumiglas sya and she didn’t even look at me. She just pretended na inaayos niya yung things na nasa maleta na niya. “Please tell me. I don’t want you to leave. I love you.” I felt my eyes stinging pero I didn’t mind.

“Nothing. I just need to go back to Poland. That’s all.” Humarap sya saakin and looked me in the eyes straight. She was also crying pero she was holding back. “Let’s don’t make it hard for the both of us, Enzo.”

She closed her bag luggage and carried it carefully through the door. Ngayon ko lang napansin na someone was waiting for her outside. She gave it to him and looked back at me.

Habang tinitingnan ko sya na malapit ng umalis, parang gusto ko magmakaawa na dito nalang sya saakin. Hindi ko na kaya mawalan pa sa pangalawang beses. Its too hard to take.

“Babalik ka pa ba?” I asked her habang naglalakad na sya palayo at palabas ng unit ko. She faced my direction and looked around and finally placing her stare at me. She opened her arms as a sign na I-hug ko sya.

“I’ve enjoyed being with you. At least I experienced how to be loved by you. I know this may sound odd, but I’m so sorry.” Cupped my face with both her hands and made me look at her seriously. “Enzo, I need to go. I’m not coming back. I love you, but I have to do this.

Hindi ko na napigilan sarili ko and tears streamed down my face. I hugged her tight as if wanting never to let her go. “Please, stay with me. I love you.”

“I love you too. Promise me you’ll find someone else okay?” I didn’t reply and I remained silent. “Promise me, Enzo! Sige na.”

“Niks, we have to go.” Sabi nung guy na nasa labas ng door ng unit ko.

“Enzo, I love you. Promise mo okay? Keep it. Pag hindi, magagalit ako sayo.” She faked a laughed. “Enzo please say you love me one last time. Irerecord ko lang.” Natawa ako sa sinabi niya but inside, I felt like I’ve been stabbed with a sharp knife a million times.

She held her phone up to my lips and looked at me with a fake smile. “I can’t believe you’re leaving me. I thought you love me too much. I’m too stupid to let you pass in my life, Nikka. Parang hindi na kasi kaya pigilan pa. Ang sakit kaya ng ganito?” I saw that she was crying harder. I wiped her tears with thumb. “Nikka, I love you. I love you forever and always. Always remember, kahit wala ako sa tabi mo, mahal pa rin kita. And anytime you can come back to me. I wouldn’t do that promise, because Nikka, ikaw lang. Ikaw lang talaga para saakin. I love you so much.”

I pulled her into a passionate kiss that was too hurtful knowing that maybe, this would be the last time I’ll see her. A few more seconds and she pulled away, walked out, and left me empty handed.

I was left there just staring on where she left. I guess I’m back to being alone.

I’ll never find someone that could replace her. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is just a short one. Just to give a peek sa pagalis ni Nikka. To be followed by an update tomorrow evening.

Thanks guys! Don't forget to leave a vote or comment. :)