Chapter 21 - Enzo's State

Chapter 21

Enzo's State

Erika’s P.O.V.

“Mama is dad going there too?” Asked Rein while I was combing her hair into a small bun for Selina and Nate’s engagement party.

2 weeks na hindi nagpapakita si Matt saakin at pati sa mga anak namin. Grabe, natitiis niya kami ng ganun. Nakakainis siya! Dun na siya sa babae niya!

“I don’t know, baby.” She sighed heavily while the twins were pulling the lower part of my gown.

“Batet hindi ni alam mo po?” Asked Safe while his hands were playing with his necktie.

I called Seth who was looking after her baby sister. My three children went near me as I kneel down to their level. I hugged them into an embrace.

“Your Dad needs time muna ha? We’ll see him when he’s ready.” They all nodded naman.

I don’t know how to explain the things that were happening to my kids because I didn’t want them na magtanim ng galit kay Matt. As much as possible, I want to solve this for the kids.

“Mom, how about Papa? Hindi ko na sya nikita po eh.” Now this is what I didn’t know how to explain. Rein’s eyes were already starting to feel with tears. Enzo and I’s daughter has been a daddy’s girl na sometimes, it comes to a point na she only listens to Enzo.

“Baby, kasi si Enzo…. We don’t know where he we—“

“Why???” Before I was able to finish what I was saying, she cried and hugged me. “Is Papa okay, Mom?? Did papa leave me?? Bad ako??”

I carried her kahit na alam ko na my gown might mess up. “No, baby. Your Papa Enzo needs time like Daddy Matt din. They’ll come back, okay? Stop crying na… shhh…”

Hindi na namin ulit nakita si Enzo since the night when Nikka introduced John as his fiancé. We tried contacting him pero out of service na yung phone niya.

“Oh, what’s happening here?” Nikka went inside the room and carried away Rein from me.

“She misses her Papa Enzo daw…” Guilt was suddenly present in Nikka’s face. We all know naman why Enzo left and it was because he knew that Nikka’s going to be married na. She whispered something to Rein and told me na doon lang sila sa labas. She took the twins with her narin.

**

Selina looked really happy with Nate beside her. She was wearing her stunning red and sexy gown made by me, of course while Nathan looks hot with his gray tux. Bagay na bagay sila. They compliment each other.

Rein and the twins were running around while my baby Bliss was sleeping in her yaya’s arms. John was new to everyone’s eyes that’s why he just kept by Nikka and I’s side.

The program went on with so much elegance and grace. I never knew that Nate could change Selina the way she is before. He must’ve done something really big for Selina to change. Finally, it was time for the soon-to-be newly wed’s speech that everyone was waiting for.

“Good evening, Guys! Never thought you would all be here.” Nate said while he held Selina in her waist closer to him. “Anyway, I must really say that… This is it! I’m finally tying the knot with the woman I love.” I gave a bitter smile. The way how Selina and Nate acted reminds me of Matt and me when we were young.  

“Well, thank you for all who supported our relationship from the start. Some might not like her at first, but it will really take time to know the real her. She’s sweet, she’s caring, and the most important thing is she loves me.” My eyes started to become watery and I felt envy for my three friends who found their own guys that I know, na hindi kakayanin na mangbabae. Not like Matt. “I can’t say anything na… your turn, sweetheart.”