Chapter 22 - Enzo's State Part 2

Chapter 22

Enzo’s State Part 2

Enzo’s P.O.V.

The next thing I knew was I was lying on a bed and I didn’t have to strength to open my eyes because I felt really weak. I couldn’t even move my arms. I felt the needles that was poked inside my body and the tubes in my nose which were helping me to breathe normally.

I felt someone by myside, with one arm placed into my chest lightly as if assuring me that he or she wouldn’t leave even though the bed wasn’t big enough for the two of us.

Slowly, I forced myself to open my eyes and flashes of white light struck me. I was clearly in a hospital and I couldn’t remember what just happened. I looked at the person that was lying next to me and I smiled when I saw her little frame that was forcing herself to fit in the small space that was left. It was my daughter.

Panick struck me as I remembered that kids weren’t allowed to stay in the hospital and even sleep beside a patient. Who knows what diseas I have and I don’t want my daughter to share whatever condition I have. I was about to sit up straight when someone came out of the bathroom door.

“Enzo…” Her sweet smile was planted across her beautiful face as she was walking her path towards the bed. “Rein wouldn’t allow us to take her away from you when you were still unconscious. Pag triny namin, she wouldn’t stop crying until ibalik naming siya sa tabi mo.”

“Okay ka na ba? Ano nararamdaman mo?” She asked while she was touching my neck and my forehead. “Taas parin lagnat mo eh.”

“I’m o-okay.” I didn’t know how I managed to spill out those words in my mouth. I felt really cold and it was like my head was cracking in two. My whole body was feeling sore and I saw that I had many rashes in my arm.

“No, you’re not. Let me just call the doctor so he can check you.” Bago pa siya makalayo saakin, nahawakan ko yung kamay niya and stopped her.

“Erika naman… Let’s just… Let’s just catch up. What’s happening??”

“Okaaay… Let’s start by investigating. Saan ka pumunta when you got upset dahil engaged na si Nikka?”

“I had drinks… and I kind of… punched the wall hard enough to break my bones.”

“Something else?”

“Kasi all of that happened in the rooftop so after those… I passed out and slept outside while the rain was heavily pouring down.”

“YUN!!!” She pointed one finger at me as she acted being mad. “Yun na nga ba sinasabi ko!! That’s where you were bitten by a mosquito siguro!! Enzo, you have dengue and its gonna get worst kung hindi ka pa nahimatay sa harapan ko!!”

I saw Rein open her eyes slowly. NIgising sa lakas ng boses ni Erika habang pinapagalitan ako. I felt her hug tighten as she buried her face in my chest. She smiled and kissed my cheek. “Papa, okay na ikaw po?”

“Yes, baby. Malapit na. Bakit ayaw mo umuwi? Baka magkasakit ka dito. And besides, hindi mo ba namimiss mga kapatid mo?”

“Eh kasi I want you to wake up before I go. Para sure ako niokay si Papa ko.” She sat up and played with my blanket. I returned to Erika who got away with the thought of how concerned our daughter was to me.

“Dengue?? Come on, it’s just a little fever.” I felt hot liquid drip from my nose and I wiped it agad with a tissue. I thought it was just sipon but it wouldn’t stop and pagkatingin ko, blood was all over the tissue and hand.