Chapter 20 - Missing The Kids

Chapter 20

Missing The Kids

John’s P.O.V.

Maghapon na wala si Nikka at si Erika. Maybe they unwined for a bit at nagwindang windang muna sa kung saan. The kids were now sleeping in Nikka’s room. Nakatulog na after naming maglaro the whole day. I carried them to Nikka’s room slowly and hiniga sa bed. Feeling ko hindi nanaman ako makakatabi sakanya this night. Ang daya. Hahaha

As if naman I could sleep beside her. That wasn’t one of her doings and I respect her for that.  She was brought up well and I understand that she doesn’t want us to be that clingy to each other, not until we get married.

“Swerte nitong mga batang ‘to naghu-hug and nakakatabi si Nikka.” I thought to myself as I was tucking their comforters up para hindi sila lamigin.

I was about to sleep as well when I heard the doorbell rang. Ang masama pa doon, the doorbell was ringing again and again. The maids were on their dayoffs so I was forced to look who was it.

A man who was looking unpatient and worried was standing behind the gate. I tried to be polite as possible as much as I was annoyed with him. “Hi, do you need anything?”

“Oww… good evening. I think I got the wrong house. Is Anieka Pertale staying here??” The guy asked in a polite tone.

“She is, but she’s not here. Does she know you?”

“She does, I’m her cousin.” The moment he said that, I welcomed inside the house.

“Sorry if you saw me like this. I was about to sleep when you came. Do you want anything? Nikka isn’t here at the moment. Kasama niya yung friend niya, kanina pa sila umalis.” I explained to him and it was as if he was still waiting for me to spill something. I was starting to feel uncomfortable with him.

“No, I’m okay. I’m Matteo nga pala.” He offered his hand to shake.

“I’m John, he’s fiancé.” He looked shocked pero agad niya naman nabawi.

“Woah! I didn’t knew about that. Congrats, dude. Welcome to the family.” I just smiled a bit. “Anyway, I was just wondering if my wife is staying with the both of you? We kind of had a fight and she ran away… and ayun…”

So he’s Erika’s huband. So that explains why she hates her so much. Just by judging by Matteo’s looks and the way he talks, mayabang siya. And maybe… JUST MAYBE, he’s a chick magnet.

I was about to answer when I found Rein in the other end of the starecase, rubbing her eyes and she was about to go down. “Tito John, I want milk…” She said while she was pouting. I went near her and carried her kasi baka mahulog pa siya sa stairs because she was still half asleep.

“Sure, baby…” She rested her head in my neck and hugged me.

Matteo’s eyes suddenly lit up. “Rein, baby… Dad’s here…” Rein looked up at him and smiled while her eyes were half closed.

“Hi Daddy, I missed you… Mom’s still not home.” Her face turned into a frown. Matteo looked at me as if he was asking permission to carry Rein so I gave her to him.

“It’s okay baby… At least Tito John’s taking care of you… Baby, Daddy and Mommy just had a little fight. But we’ll fix this… promise.” He kissed Rein’s forehead.

I was taken aback with the way Matteo acted when Rein came. Maybe he was mayabang but clearly, he was a good father to his kids. I went to the kitchen first and got Rein a glass of her milk. When I came back, she drank it straight and she fell asleep in Matteo’s arms.

“John, I need to go… Thank you for taking care of the kids…” She was about to let me carry Rein pero I didn’t take her. I felt sorry because it shows how much he misses his kids even though they’ve only been away from each other for 1 day.

“You can bring Rein sa room… The twins and Bliss are there. Kaya lang tulog na.” His face lightened up and I showed him the way to the room.

Before he left, he kissed each one of the kid’s forehead and took last glances at them. He thanked me enough for taking care of them and said sorry if they were naughty at times daw.

Nikka and Erika’s car came exactly after Matteo left. I carried Erika to a separate room because she couldn’t even stand up sa sobrang lasing. Nikka told me to sleep na and she’ll take care of everything.

I felt sad knowing that we’re having less time for each other.

Matteo’s P.O.V.

I miss the kids, Especially Rein.

I never expected Erika to act like that earlier. I wasn’t protecting my secretary but I must admit that she was doing the wrong thing. She didn’t handle it professionaly and she choose to shout it to the public pa and push Belle which caused my secretary na isugod pa sa hospital.

…And for the second time, she didn’t listen.

I got hurt too knowing that she still doesn’t trust me. Let’s just say I don’t want things to become complicated because I was over intoxicated by the drinks I drank that night. And somehow, I didn’t know why I felt weak and the next thing I knew, I was in Belle’s bedroom, naked.

Alam ko na she put something in my drink that made me loose myself and weak pero I just didn’t say anything. I didn’t want this to cause problems and I was supposed to go and pretend like nothing happened nalang.

I swear I’ll find a way to make things okay and back to the way it was. Kahit Erika would be mad at me forever. Basta I just want to fix thing because of 2 main things; because I love her and for the kids.

Bukas na bukas, I’ll make it up to her.